Kj cloyd

Advertisement
Advertisement
He wasn't out of eligibility. He was listed as a 4th year Junior by Miami. He had 1 more year. But Hopefully this is good for us. There is no question. We NEED the young Athletic LBs to step up. And Bissainthe needs to take a massive leap or he'll get over taken. He doesn't have a firm grasp of the defense mentally.

Listed as 4th year junior

but if you read his bio at the end of before miami section

2019 - Spend year at Jones college.
2020 - UL played In every game
2021- UL played in 13 games. 1 start,
2022- UL played in every game.
2022- Miami.

So no stats from Jones was listed so I googled Kj Cloyd Jones College and found these 2 articles.

This article is premium but you can see it lists his stats as 46 tackles and 2 sacks at Jones by it gets blurred out.

From the article:
Another top linebacker that played at Jones is K.J. Cloyd. Cloyd, who prepped at Columbia High School, signed with the University of Louisville just before the beginning of last season and was an immediate contributor to the Cardinals.

So yeah don’t see how he would have another year.

He was really good for us this season. I hope Wesley is ready. Young buck LBs should get some PT was well now.

Wesley better be ready. He's now coming into year 3. I need him to step up

Makes me feel better if his eligibility is up. I just don't understand why he wouldn't comeback for another year. Underrated player and really gave the LB room an upgrade. I'm now concern about the LBers with Cloyd and Flagg gone. The young guys need to step up

Advertisement
Such a great lb class on paper last yr. Concerning that they couldn’t get more playing time, even in the bowl

I mean…you have usually 2 and sometimes less on the field for what? 75-80% of downs?

And the top 4 in front of them were either very good (Maui), pretty good and hopefully next step (31) or adequate.

I mean…you have usually 2 and sometimes less on the field for what? 75-80% of downs?

And the top 4 in front of them were either very good (Maui), pretty good and hopefully next step (31) or adequate.
Outside of Maui we had a bunch of JAGs at the lb position this year. That’s why a guy like cloyd was able to step into serious playing time.

a talented true freshman would have gotten major playing time if ready. Hopefully a couple of these guys just needed a year or two

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back