Kevin Sumlin for OC

Milkcane

Recruit
Purgatory
I believe he would kill it here. He would run a spread offense similar to what TVD is use to. He's GREAT with qb's having coached and developed some of the best to ever play college or pro ball. His qb tree is unmatched, and his offenses have always been tops in the nation.

Drew Bledsoe, when he was a GA at Washington State
Brew Brees at Purdue finished 4th in the Heisman race
Jason White when he was OC at OK, Heisman winner
Sam Bradford, OC at OK Heisman winner
Kase Keenum 3 years of 5000 yds and 40 td's
Johnny Manseil, as Head coach at Ta&M Heisman winner

TVD would be the next one!!!

Most recently an analyst under Lincoln Riley.

Sumlin is a qb whisperer and offensive wiz, one of the best playcallers this game has ever seen. He struck out as HC, but there is not a better, more qualified, available OC out there.
This is the guy we should be calling!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mike Myers No GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Once again I remember him from the old Aggie days and it's a hard no for me. He has no structure and to free willy nilly. I don't see the fit with Mario besides the recruitment process.

What?! Sooo we just making up **** now? Look at his resume BEFORE he was a head coach.
Just never mind a coach with numbers and trphies to back his **** up huh? lol these some of these dude are crazy af.

Once again I remember him from the old Aggie days and it's a hard no for me. He has no structure and to free willy nilly. I don't see the fit with Mario besides the recruitment process.
I remember that too, but want him for OC not HC.

Advertisement
He also called plays for RC Slocum at aTm. He called plays at Houston as well. But I get it… he didn’t call plays forever like Lashlee and others

Advertisement
It’s a weird argument.

Look at his history. There’s only two years where he even has the job title of OC. So at best we’re debating *2* years over his entire career.

2002 Texas A&M

2006 OU

2002 A&M finished 52nd in S&P+ in offense.

2006 he was Co-offensive coordinator with Kevin Wilson. And anybody that thinks Wilson wasn’t the real OC is an idiot.

Outside of that, he’s never been an OC.

He’s just somebody that had a nice steak of hiring really good OCs. Holgorsen, Phillips, Kingsbury.

And so Sumlin himself developed a reputation as an offensive genius.

But this is a guy who watched Khalil Tate, the most electric player in college football, and said, “lets turn him into a pocket passer.”

He should never be allowed in the game of football again for destroying that human highlight machine’s career.

There are better options.

Everyone with these same retread names.

Advertisement
Back