July 2023 Recruiting BBQ Thread

Advertisement
Francis just looks much shorter in that picture due to the angle. He's a freakin' massive human being... And he LOOKS better than any high school OL I've ever seen. I thought he was somebody's big a$s daddy. He starts from day one IMO.

So a few tidbits...

My 2025 Defensive Linemen are all SEC level kids. They were at UF last night. They actually WOKE OUR COACH UP in the morning and said "Coach, we gotta get to Miami!" Needless to say, they were excited.
IMG-20220730-WA0011.jpg

Tarrell Green - 6'2" 280lbs
Anthony "Man Man" Smith - 6'2" 329lbs
Armondo Blount - 6'4" 250lbs

When they were in the pool I overheard one of them say to the other - "I ain't gonna lie bruh, this the most fun I ever had on a visit."

So I butt in and say "Yall having fun? Yall like it here?"

"Yeah coach, this is where I wanna go!"
Other kid - "Coach, the other schools are nicer on the inside, but that's it. They don't be like this on the outside. It ain't this vibe."
"UF was aight, it was cool, but it wasn't this."

(something along those lines)

Needless to say, our kids really enjoyed themselves and Salavea does a great job of recruiting them.
IMG_20220730_154202601.jpg

The hospitality is next level. No stone unturned. As you can see, they even had an assistant walking around handing out popsicles. They had busses driving recruits/families back and forth from the Hecht to the pool all day.

The event started with Mario giving a speech and showing renderings of the new facilities. Some really impressive stuff. State of the art, top of the line. And it will be ready sooner than you think. After Mario was finished speaking, offense and defense broke out into different groups. Mario stayed and spoke to the parents while defensive line, defensive backs, linebackers and offensive players broke off into individual meeting rooms.

Myself, Antione Jackson and Xavier Lucas went to Coach Addae's room with the DB's.
Addae is a great dude. He spent 42 minutes on the phone with me Thursday morning going over coverage schemes and DB technique. He even offered to FaceTime me and draw it up on the board, but I was at work. There's not too many college coaches who are that down to earth. Unfortunately I don't think he'll be here long, as he's extremely qualified for a major DC position.
SIDENOTE: He says Couch is his best DB and will be playing primarily Nickel this season. We talked about how the last staff affected his play, but I won't say to much about that. Let's just say... LOL. (Manny)

Speaking of the latter...
As some of you might remember, I complained about previous staffs not even speaking to me while I was on campus. Not creating relationships. I have coaching buddies who were with me and can co-sign the same feelings. Well I brought one of those coaching buddies with me today and he was blown away. Guys, this is night and day from Manny's staff. You can't go anywhere without a UM staffer greeting you...whether it's a coach, equipment manager, assistant, GA, whoever. These dudes go out of their way to LOOK for people to talk to. Mario must have that **** drilled into them.

2190286817325262991659213295395.jpg

They had burgers with all the toppings available, massive hot dogs, chicken fingers, waffle fries, regular fries, salad, mac and cheese, water, diet coke, Coke zero, regular coke, and various gatorades. Oh, and veggie burgers.

Funny/crazy story...
I met 2 separate people connected to Kinsler...an hour apart. They both told the same story.
Kinsler never actually committed to Florida. Florida got him with no adult figure around, and asked him "Did you enjoy your visit?"
When the kids said yes, they shook his hand and said "welcome aboard".
And they put him down as committed. 😂
Apparently that's one of the reasons he decommitted, because he never actually committed in the first place. More like he was pressured into it. Also, their staff has been rubbing some kids the wrong way. Apparently they spent a lot of time talking down other schools and making fun of other coaches. When these kids are talking to Miami, they're hearing a lot about how they're going to be developed, how they're going to be coached, etc. Miami coaches aren't concerned with talking down other schools/coaches. UF apparently spends most of their time knocking other schools down to make themselves look better. (i.e. talking down on Mirabal etc)
UF didn't handle themselves professionally with Kinsler. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It gets way worse, but I don't want to put too many details on here. Let's just say, they totally lost Kinsler with their antics, and they'll lose more kids if they don't start acting like adults. UF won't be much of a threat to our recruiting IMO. (except maybe Raymond, he's good)

Last edited:
Francis just looks much shorter in that picture due to the angle. He's a freakin' massive human being... And he LOOKS better than any high school OL I've ever seen. I thought he was somebody's big a$s daddy. He starts from day one IMO.

So a few tidbits...

My 2025 Defensive Linemen are all SEC level kids. They were at UF last night. They actually WOKE OUR COACH UP in the morning and said "Coach, we gotta get to Miami!" Needless to say, they were excited.
View attachment 201977

When they were in the pool I overheard one of them say to the other - "I ain't gonna lie bruh, this the most fun I ever had on a visit."

Other kid - "Coach, the other schools are nicer on the inside, but that's it. They don't be like this on the outside. It ain't this vibe."

Needless to say, our kids really enjoyed themselves and Salavea does a great job of recruiting them.
View attachment 201978

The hospitality is next level. No stone unturned. As you can see, they even had an assistant walking around handing out popsicles. They had busses driving recruits/families back and forth from the Hecht to the pool all day.

The event started with Mario giving a speech and showing renderings of the new facilities. Some really impressive stuff. State of the art, top of the line. And it will be ready sooner than you think. After Mario was finished speaking, offense and defense broke out into different groups. Mario stayed and spoke to the parents while defensive line, defensive backs, linebackers and offensive players broke off into individual meeting rooms.

Myself, Antione Jackson and Xavier Lucas went to Coach Addae's room with the DB's.
Addae is a great dude. He spent 42 minutes on the phone with me Thursday morning going over coverage schemes and DB technique. He even offered to FaceTime me and draw it up on the board, but I was at work. There's not too many college coaches who are that down to earth. Unfortunately I don't think he'll be here long, as he's extremely qualified for a major DC position.
SIDENOTE: He says Couch is his best DB and will be playing primarily Nickel this season. We talked about how the last staff affected his play, but I won't say to much about that. Let's just say... LOL. (Manny)

As some of you might remember, I complained about previous staffs not even speaking to me while I was on campus. Not creating relationships. I have coaching buddies who were with me and can co-sign the same feelings. Well I brought one of those coaching buddies with me today and he was blown away. Guys, this is night and day from Manny's staff. You can't go anywhere without a UM staffer greeting you...whether it's a coach, equipment manager, assistant, GA, whoever. These dudes go out of their way to LOOK for people to talk to. Mario must have that **** drilled into them.

View attachment 201979

They had burgers with all the toppings available, massive hot dogs, chicken fingers, waffle fries, regular fries, salad, mac and cheese, water, diet coke, Coke zero, regular coke, and various gatorades. Oh, and veggie burgers.

Funny/crazy story...
I met 2 separate people connected to Kinsler...an hour apart. They both told the same story.
Kinsler never actually committed to Florida. Florida got him with no adult figure around, and asked him "Did you enjoy your visit?"
Apparently that's one of the reasons he decommitted, because he never actually committed in the first place. Also, their staff has been rubbing some kids the wrong way. Apparently they spent a lot of time talking down other schools and making fun of other coaches. When these kids are talking to Miami, they're hearing a lot about how they're going to be developed, how they're going to be coached, etc. Miami coaches aren't concerned with talking down other schools/coaches. UF apparently spends most of their time knocking other schools down to make themselves look better. (i.e. talking down on Mirabal etc)
It gets way worse, but I don't want to put too many details on here. Let's just say, they totally lost Kinsler with their antics, and they'll lose more kids if they don't start acting like adults. UF won't be much of a threat to our recruiting IMO. (except maybe Raymond, he's good)
A1 as always.

So a few tidbits...

View attachment 201977

View attachment 201978

View attachment 201979

Funny/crazy story...
Apparently that's one of the reasons he decommitted, because he never actually committed in the first place. Also, their staff has been rubbing some kids the wrong way. Apparently they spent a lot of time talking down other schools and making fun of other coaches. When these kids are talking to Miami, they're hearing a lot about how they're going to be developed, how they're going to be coached, etc. Miami coaches aren't concerned with talking down other schools/coaches. UF apparently spends most of their time knocking other schools down to make themselves look better. (i.e. talking down on Mirabal etc)

F3FDAFEC-D09F-4DED-A9FF-F1D1E0988DF9.jpeg

TrumpyCane would like to post this

@Coach Macho you ok with this?

Advertisement

So a few tidbits...

View attachment 201977

View attachment 201978

View attachment 201979

Funny/crazy story...
Might be the best post I’ve ever seen

So a few tidbits...

View attachment 201977

View attachment 201978

View attachment 201979

Funny/crazy story...
That's a burger for a grown aşş man.

So a few tidbits...

View attachment 201977

View attachment 201978

View attachment 201979

Funny/crazy story...

Raymond is all they got. They will get some kids who were born gators and just live in their backyard that are layups but nationally and for the top of the top….I don’t see them being a threat at all.

Advertisement

So a few tidbits...

View attachment 201977

View attachment 201978

View attachment 201979

Funny/crazy story...
Thanks Coach…

Addae leaves then Raymond come on down…

So a few tidbits...

View attachment 201977

View attachment 201978

View attachment 201979

Funny/crazy story...

Coach Macho !!!! Let's goooo can't wait for the season.....thx for info

So a few tidbits...

View attachment 201977

View attachment 201978

View attachment 201979

Funny/crazy story...

Those 3 are going to be sophomores this coming year and all playing for you on the same DL at Dillard no less? You guys are going to be a force in no time.

Advertisement

So a few tidbits...

View attachment 201977

View attachment 201978

View attachment 201979

Funny/crazy story...
This was 🔥🔥🔥, @Coach Macho!

Thanks for sharing these gold nuggets with us. Hope to see those young men sign on to be Canes when their time comes.

Those 3 are going to be sophomores this coming year and all playing for you on the same DL at Dillard no less? You guys are going to be a force in no time.
Yes...
And my 4th D-lineman is a 2024 kid with offers from Notre Dame, Missouri, Michigan State, Pitt, Georgia Tech, etc. (Joshua Lloyd)

I'm pretty fired up. Lol

Love it Coach Macho!

Any updates on other uncommitted guys we want that you saw there?

Advertisement
Thanks Coach…

Addae leaves then Raymond come on down…
Maybe Addae is DC for us. Not writing off Steele after one year but he’s at that point in his career.

If Addae moved to DC, I’d want Banda back as S/Co DC. I know he’s the bartender and one of Manny’s guys but felt like he may have been the reason why our d was what it was when we were better. He left last year and POOF. We got crappy quick.

And we know he can recruit.

Okay, you all can now make fun of me….lol.

If Wilson only stayed for a short amount of time, why does that matter? It's the quality of the visit that matters. Way too much pessimism given the success Mario and staff are having this year. This BBQ was held for the 2024 and 2025 recruits more so than the 2023 recruits if I'm not mistaken. The fact that they got a half dozen or more high profile 2023 guys to come visit outside the commits is just icing on the cake.

So a few tidbits...

View attachment 201977

View attachment 201978

View attachment 201979

Funny/crazy story...
Love this, man. Thank you!

Advertisement
Back