Josh Witt

With the violence this kid plays with it's easy to understand. I'm sad, I can't imagine how he feels. He was going to be a big player for us.

Advertisement
With the violence this kid plays with it's easy to understand. I'm sad, I can't imagine how he feels. He was going to be a big player for us.

Was it just 1 really bad concussion, or did he have a number during his HS career?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Feel really bad for Josh, his family, and teammates, but I'm glad that he'll receive appropriate care and be able to complete his degree at UM.

Best of luck to the young man. Glad this was taken seriously before any further injury occured.

Not to be insensitive, but when does his schollie open up, immediately?

Wow, I have total sadness for this kid. He spends his entire youth/high school career doing things the right way so he can get his chance to play bigtime college football and then gets the rug pulled out from him because of a medical hardship right before his freshman season. Wow! As a parent of a high school athlete I can only hope that the kid can adjust to his new future and remain focused on academics and his life after football.

That's what I understood
Career over
Also hear he'll move to a non football scholie next season
Not sure of that

So anyone hear about seantrell gaffney?

Advertisement
Man, he was gonna be the next Dan Morgan, or at least Colin McCarthy....

Seriously though best of luck to the kid.

That sucks... Was really looking forward to seeing him play on the special teams, he looked like a ****ing wrecking ball on his highlight tape. I believe he could have been a stud teamer in his very first year. But my guess is it's an educated decision and the right one. Don't **** around with concussions.

And this was probably part of the issue. Every person has a different physical makeup and some are better at taking blows to the head than others. It's the same with fighters who have great chins and can take a punch. I played football the same violent way as Witt and had multiple concussions throughout my high school career....even having to sit out part of my junior year. I was offered scholarships to play lower level college ball but figured it was best for me to pursue academics only since football wasn't going to be in my long-term future, and save my brain at the same time. I'm guessing Witt and his parents have had this same conversation.

**** that sucks. I really liked him as a recruit. Seemed like a kid that could be a special teams demon and eventually work his way into the lineup.

Advertisement
I've heard the same thing from multiple sources.

Sucks for him, but like someone else said, his four-year scholarship will be honored, it just wont count against the football team's total.

I predict he rushes Pike, becomes an IM all-star, and takes down half of DG.

That sucks... Was really looking forward to seeing him play on the special teams, he looked like a ****ing wrecking ball on his highlight tape. I believe he could have been a stud teamer in his very first year. But my guess is it's an educated decision and the right one. Don't **** around with concussions.

And this was probably part of the issue. Every person has a different physical makeup and some are better at taking blows to the head than others. It's the same with fighters who have great chins and can take a punch. I played football the same violent way as Witt and had multiple concussions throughout my high school career....even having to sit out part of my junior year. I was offered scholarships to play lower level college ball but figured it was best for me to pursue academics only since football wasn't going to be in my long-term future, and save my brain at the same time. I'm guessing Witt and his parents have had this same conversation.

Totally agree with you. No question his style of play made him more vulnerable to such injury... Nevertheless, I was really looking forward to seeing him in a Cane uniform, he was one of my favorite recruits this year, and it really sucks for the kid who probably put in great effort for a lot of years to have the opportunity to play here.

Advertisement
Back