Josh Jackson (VT) portal rumor

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
VT fans on their site are rustled in a big way. There's the typical Miami is a perfect program for a kid like Hill, written as a disparaging comment.

The best thus far is We shoulda' checked the Carfax on Fuente, Memphis sold us a lemon.

We should be all very thankful Richt stepped down, because from rumblings this could of been us going through this crazy amount of kids transferring out

When you HC has to issue a statement on transfers...yeah, not a good sign. I always heard VT was a tough place for a lot of kids to go to school, in the mountains of western Virginia, but I guess their winning made up for it. Looks like not so much now.

This.

i went to radford, like 15/20 mins away.........it sucks. Its cold and overcast from Halloween to Fools Day. You dont' do **** but drink

Advertisement
First let me say that I am a Cane grad from Virginia but still make it to some games in Miami and certainly here in VA and those in NC and will always bleed Orange and Green. I live less than two hours from the VaTech campus and as you might suspect, most all of my personal friends here are big VT fans. Some of you ask why would a player (Jackson.) stay in the mountains of Blacksburg rather than Miami. Simple really. Because VT is THE town. The entire surrounding 100 mile radius lives and breathes VT football. For example, last year, well I mean in 2017 when we won 10 straight games, and I head to Miami to see my Canes beat VT, and while there I comment to people at the airport, to the cabbie, to the hotel clerk, to waiters at the different restaurants, etc, that I’m in town for the Hurricanes Game, I never had even ONE person know what I was talking about. They would ask me things like What Game, or When Is It, or Is That a College Game, or look at me like they had no earthly idea what I was talking about. Granted, when I got to the stadium, I was in Heaven because I was surrounded by Canes and what a night. Fast forward, exact came thing happened the next week at the Notre Dame game. Conversely, if you get anywhere in Virginia within 100 miles from Va Tech on a game day, and you mention to a cabbie, a waiter, a hotel clerk, etc, that you are going to The Game, they know immediately what you mean, know who VT is playing, know if it is a day or night game, etc etc. This kind of atmosphere is something that some kids playing football live for and can’t be duplicated in a city of a few million. Same with Clemson. Bigger town than Blacksburg, but again, like VT, Clemson University is THE town. Whew, having said all this, keep in mind that I hope our Canes never lose to VT again and that we canonce again rule college football. GO CANES!!!

less than two ours from the VaTech campus and while having grown up

This.

i went to radford, like 15/20 mins away.........it sucks. Its cold and overcast from Halloween to Fools Day. You dont' do **** but drink
Also from just north of there, closer to DC,agree the weather is brutal there. One of the reasons I transferred to UM. I was sick and tired of having bronchitis from late September to mid May.

Advertisement
Thought Fuente + Foster would be a power, finally giving them an offense. Guess I underestimated how good of a "CEO" Beamer really was in his prime.

Agreed head coahes that run the offense or defense are good but u will do better getting a "CEO" type coach.

Advertisement
Back