Jon Feliciano

What are the expectations for this guy this year? He doesn't get talked about often as a future star, but he is only a sophomore coming off a freshman year where he was our best lineman at times.

Now that he's back inside, does he make a leap forward into an All-ACC performer or does he still have a ways to go?

you trollin' for traffic, DM?:-)

Advertisement
Our biggest problem is the ability to run the ball for tough yards and control the LOS. We haven't done this well in 10 years. Clements will be that guy this year.

Advertisement
It looks like the majority feel the same way I do: that his best position is guard and he was forced to play out of position last year. I have high hopes for the kid at guard along with Linder.

On a side note, how big is McDermmott these days? Don't want to thread jack, just wondering.

Linder/Feliciano should be one of the best, if not the best, OG combo in the ACC.

Of course I've thought the OL should have been pretty good the last 2 years and it wasn't. Our OTs need to step up.

No, our retread OL coach needs to be replaced.

I've come around a little bit on Kehoe.

Despite the shuffling, pass blocking was adequate last year. Jacory had time most of the season. That tells me we were fine from a technique standpoint.

The problem was short yardage. We got mauled at the point of attack far too often. That cost us AT LEAST the KState and UVA games.

Golden made a point of calling out our underwhelming strength in the trenches.

If we're still getting pushed around after full implementation of his strength program, then Kehoe gotz ta go.

Advertisement
I've come around a little bit on Kehoe.

Despite the shuffling, pass blocking was adequate last year. Jacory had time most of the season. That tells me we were fine from a technique standpoint.

The problem was short yardage. We got mauled at the point of attack far too often. That cost us AT LEAST the KState and UVA games.

Golden made a point of calling out our underwhelming strength in the trenches.

If we're still getting pushed around after full implementation of his strength program, then Kehoe gotz ta go.

yeah the OL only gave up like 19 sacks last year. It's a more experienced group this year and the roles seem more defined coming into this year than last as well. The guy isn't a great OL coach but not bad either.

I think more people need to look at Brennan Carroll than Kehoe. Chase Ford's blocking went from weak to horrible last year. None of the TEs were up to the task blocking. Look at those games you listed and the TEs got defeated in short yardage run plays more than the OL. Just most people blame the OL even though the penetration wasn't their fault a number of times.

The entire team was weak as **** last year. The reason the OLine underperformed was because they couldn't maul people the way they should. With the team getting stronger in the weight room, this shouldn't be a problem. Kehoe isn't the problem strength of the team was. Al said that in the first meeting of the new year. OL and Dl only get pushed around cause they are weak. Let's hope they saw that and got a lot stronger, which by the 225 test they must have.

Feliciano and Linder inside with Shane should be fun to watch clear paths for the RB's this year. The monsters on the outside are gonna be just fine. Will be real nice to see Duke take a handoff up the middle and just explode through the hole and break off a nice 30+ yard run.

Stoutland was garbage too until he went to Bama and became all world. Kehoe is an excellent O-line coach and we're lucky to have him back. Butch thought highly enough him to keep him on staff. Amazing how the good HC's have made Stoutland and Kehoe look better. Maybe they have had strength programs in place?

Besides, most of the people on here wouldn't know a good O-line coach anyway so the point is moot.

Advertisement
69.jpg

IMO the only mistake Golden made on his staff. If he can't get it done this year he's got to go.

Give Art a chance to prove his worth to this team. Last year with all the injurys and not really knowing the strenghts of his players ,i believe he did a good job with what he had. You can't make these guys stronger overnight and the lack of strenght showed on short yardage plays. Now that Golden has shown these guys where the weight room is and Art challenging them to get better you will see a big change this year.

Stoutland was garbage too until he went to Bama and became all world. Kehoe is an excellent O-line coach and we're lucky to have him back. Butch thought highly enough him to keep him on staff. Amazing how the good HC's have made Stoutland and Kehoe look better. Maybe they have had strength programs in place?

Besides, most of the people on here wouldn't know a good O-line coach anyway so the point is moot.

Actually, Stoutland was a very good OLine coach at Michigan State and well respected in the business. I thought our lines improved under his watch at Miami. I know our recruiting of linemen definitely did.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back