Jon Feliciano

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
What are the expectations for this guy this year? He doesn't get talked about often as a future star, but he is only a sophomore coming off a freshman year where he was our best lineman at times.

Now that he's back inside, does he make a leap forward into an All-ACC performer or does he still have a ways to go?

Advertisement
I was hoping he stayed outside with Seantrel sliding to LT. Before tweaking his leg with the TD celebration gone bad he was rock solid.

I don't know what to expect inside. Depends if we end up trying to maul d-lines or not. Still thinking it might be best to have him at OG with Linder at C and Johnson also in there at OG. If anything it pretty much guarantees we'll be able to move the chains.

He was forced to play tackle at times last year out of necessity...but he's a natural at guard.

I think he'll be quite good on the inside. I'm also high on Linder....the concern for this line is how Henderson holds up health wise and how Bunche progresses. The tackle position is still very much a question mark in my mind and it will likely determine what kind of offense we end up having.

$, do you think he starts at guard? Linder's got his spot locked up, is it Wheeler & Johnson competing w/ Feliciano for the last spot inside?

He's good.

He will be a good litmus test to see what could have been with guys like Big O and B Wash, who, unfortunately were moved to tackle instead of their more appropriate spot at guard. Feliciano staying at guard is what needs to happen so he can play his best football.

Advertisement
Linder/Feliciano should be one of the best, if not the best, OG combo in the ACC.

Of course I've thought the OL should have been pretty good the last 2 years and it wasn't. Our OTs need to step up.

Linder/Feliciano should be one of the best, if not the best, OG combo in the ACC. Of course I've thought the OL should have been pretty good the last 2 years and it wasn't. Our OTs need to step up.
It seems like we've been expecting our OL to be difference makers every offseason for the past 4 years...they're due.

I like Feliciano a lot, need to see more from him at G, but he played well when he was healthy last year, have to believe he'll be even better at his more natural position.

Advertisement
hopefully the line shows what we have wanted to see for the last 3-4 years. they have the talent and size they just need to put it all together.

69.jpg

Advertisement
On paper this offense could be very efficient. We shall see.

I thought that was the case last year as well, and the OL undreperformed. I realize Kehoe is a true Cane in every sense of the word, but I want to see this unit really come together before I feel good about him being our OL coach.

Advertisement

I thought that was the case last year as well, and the OL undreperformed. I realize Kehoe is a true Cane in every sense of the word, but I want to see this unit really come together before I feel good about him being our OL coach.

And you don't think injuries and suspensions had nothing to do with the disappointment?

Henderson was hurt most of the season. Bunche was hurt. Brandon Washington was a guard at tackle, Feliciano was a guard at tackle.

I, too was disappointed in the OL (especially in short yardage situations), but the injuries and shake up to our preseason expectations were pretty significant.

With health, we have two athletic behemoths at tackle and a very nice guard combo. Mcdermott is a question mark, but I think he can be solid.

Back to Feliciano, he filled in admirably at tackle. He has average feet for a tackle and great feet for a guard. His false start penalties were a headache last year, but i have to believe that was due to his concern for getting beat on the edge so he was too antsy trying to get the jump on the snap. He is better suited for guard and I think he can be great there.

And you don't think injuries and suspensions had nothing to do with the disappointment?

Henderson was hurt most of the season. Bunche was hurt. Brandon Washington was a guard at tackle, Feliciano was a guard at tackle.

I, too was disappointed in the OL (especially in short yardage situations), but the injuries and shake up to our preseason expectations were pretty significant.

With health, we have two athletic behemoths at tackle and a very nice guard combo. Mcdermott is a question mark, but I think he can be solid.

Back to Feliciano, he filled in admirably at tackle. He has average feet for a tackle and great feet for a guard. His false start penalties were a headache last year, but i have to believe that was due to his concern for getting beat on the edge so he was too antsy trying to get the jump on the snap. He is better suited for guard and I think he can be great there.

Injuries played a part, but at the same time other than the 01 line what has Kehoe really done here. I hope with Gloden and company staying on him about recruiting things will change but only time will tell on that.

I'm not a big fan of the 'play the top 5 we got' theory that sacrifices players playing in their natural position. Now that the depth issues are starting to get sorted out, we should see a lot less of this, and hopefully an uptick in player development. Also, after all the snaps he got last year, and another year in the S&C program, I'm fully expecting to see not just JF, but the whole line play much better thus year.

Injuries played a part, but at the same time other than the 01 line what has Kehoe really done here. I hope with Gloden and company staying on him about recruiting things will change but only time will tell on that.

I'm not necessarilly a Kehoe advocate.

But don't downplay his resume so much. From 2000-2002 the OLs were elite. The talent was great, but it wasn't all super hyped talent until they performed on the field. That is 3 straight seasons with arguably the best OL in the nation.

He was the OL coach for the majority of Miami's MNCs

Kehoe produced six players (Brett Romberg in 2002, Bryant McKinnie in 2001, Joaquin Gonzalez in 2000, Richard Mercier in 1999, K.C. Jones in 1996 and Leon Searcy in 1991) who received first-team All-America honors, plus 18 more that went on to play professionally, 14 All-Big EAST honorees, one Outland Trophy winner and the 2002 Rimington Award winner.

Advertisement
Back