2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I get your point. They’ve been filling those gaps with transfers the past couple years. Its basically the opposite of what Mario is doing. Mario hasn’t recruited good enough DB’s out of high school, so he hits the portal for them.

Everybody cares about recruiting rankings and player rating in that ranking. They’re superior to Miami in both categories.
Games are won in trenches and they are not recruiting the trenches. OL portal additions were not great. They had some D Lineman portal additions from last year but they are all leaving and not being replaced.

Advertisement
I thought when Mario was hired we were passed the whole “our coaches evals are more important than star rankings.” I guess not.

It’s just a coincidence that the schools than win big, are consistently ranked top 5 by the same system you are ignoring when it fits your narrative.
No there not and FSU is a prime example. They won’t be top 5 by signing day.

Am I the only one who caught this? Bear with me....

giphy.gif

Untitled.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's liking tweets and posting pics that are creating a buzz around Miami. Not sure how that behaviour would fit the "its all being kept a big secret"

If anything. It shows he's enjoying the attention he's getting and playing with the fans or he's preparing to flip.

The visits may have been kept secret but the flirting with Miami is being done in front of us.

He is lifelong friends with multiple guys committed to Miami. This isn't about "enjoying attention" or "trolling Miami".

The funny thing is, I've never said we will absolutely sign Jeremiah (OK, I did so on the day he tweeted about Kevin Beard, but not since then). I've simply said that there is a very real possibility. A mere rebuttal to the "Jeremiah was never coming to Miami, he's trolling Miami" bros.

I responded to someone else, not you. But then you had to jump in and try to prevent anyone from discussing the actual possibility that is in play. Not sure why certain claims-to-be-rugged-guys keep going on and on about trying to save their feelings on this recruitment.

I don't know if we've done enough to flip Jeremiah. A QB commit would have been nice, though F$U is currently BLEEDING guys into the Portal and Taint is losing some key recruits. By the same token, Lagway is still committed to Florida, so clearly some of these kids stay with a program that is declining rather than picking a program on the upswing.

The reality is, we have a group of so-called-fans who act like every Tweet and every media report should be taken at face value and given massive probative value. And those same people dismiss those of us who point out the lifelong relationships and genuine respect and affection among the players and coaches from SoFla.

Jeremiah has visited Miami several times, mostly unreported. He's not doing THAT to "enjoy attention" or "build suspense".

No matter where Jeremiah ends up, Miami has been in this all along, sometimes in first place, sometimes in third place, but always in the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He is lifelong friends with multiple guys on Miami. This isn't about "enjoying attention" or "trolling Miami".

No matter where Jeremiah ends up, Miami has been in this all along, sometimes in first place, sometimes in third place, but always in the game.
Brother, I'm not as close to or invested in the situation as you are. I just made light of your comment that big flips are always kept quiet and brought attention to the fact JJ has been actively tweeting about Miami so he's not being discreet.

I hope this kid ends up in Miami. I don't know if he's trolling. I believe you that he's strongly considering Miami. Let's leave it at that so this back and forth doesn't clog up the board.

And this board is hyping up a lower rated high school class than theirs. I’m not saying you will be wrong about their lack of trench guys, or that Miami will finish above them in the rankings. I’m saying everybody here is all about rankings and stars and player average. If that’s the case, you can’t be saying somebody who is currently above you can’t recruit. Mario makes a ton of money to acquire talent. He doesn’t need any spin from this board bc he’s taken commits from a handful of “eval” guys ranked outside of the top 800.
Them man shyyt the bed in high school recruit for 3 years with Norvell and all of a suddent they should be crowned? No. They paid the players and now they ran outa money for the team players 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back