2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top coaches take depleted roster over all the time and start winning in year 2. Is it the only path to success? No, there are others but it’s not out of hand to see what had happened and being concerned, and there has been positives but the negatives have outweighed them by a good amount.

Ultimately what I’m saying is that I respect your take, but not understanding why many are down based on what has happened is crazy. If a rival coach goes 12-12 6-10 his first two years we are clowning them and rightfully so. It doesn’t make them miserable, they are observing unsatisfactory results and to make it worse it’s not the first or even third time around with this.
Yea they have a right to clown him I agree. I’ll just wait cause I don’t want those receipts later. And also I believe in this type of build it’s what I wanted for 20 years. This is what I asked for an elite recruiter, people thought other coaches were elite recruiters and I disagreed all the time.

Advertisement
I don't want to start a new thread so asking this here: is Smith going to be signing on early signing day or will he be signing in February?

So can you explain how Norvell and day get defensive recruits? Are they able to articulate how the player will be used? Comparing HCs who are OCs to one who isn't is dumb.
I was only talking about the possible factors in this recruitment jesus christ yall gotta be illiterate man

Advertisement
Funny yall dont put the blame and responsibility on Cristobal to break down defensive schemes to defensive recruits. Seeing as he is not a DC either. The only players i expect Cristobal to breakdown schematics with is OL. For the rest of offensive players its their position coaches and Dawson. Makes too much sense though.

I don't think anyone is saying to blame Mario for being unable to break down offensive schemes to offensive recruits. What's been pointed out is that for a HC like Riley or Norvell (who run and call plays on one side of the ball), it's an advantage when the HC can talk that talk. Just like it's an advantage Mario has when he's recruiting OL and he can go into specifics with those recruits.

I don't think anyone is saying to blame Mario for being unable to break down offensive schemes to offensive recruits. What's been pointed out is that for a HC like Riley or Norvell (who run and call plays on one side of the ball), it's an advantage when the HC can talk that talk. Just like it's an advantage Mario has when he's recruiting OL and he can go into specifics with those recruits.
Mario can break down offensive schemes its not something thats hard for a coach to do. What Mario can't do is call a offensive play in 30 seconds that works best against what you think the defense is running. All coaches at this level can breakdown offensive and defensive schemes its calling the plays thats a different story.

U just missed every point on purpose lol

Recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized norvell,day, or mario?

Answers pretty simple, any school can just be like hey look here at are our wr stats lol no thats surface level ****. Day and norvell can sell years of success of them getting wrs to produce mario has how many?They can sit and breakdown tape of it..Thats an advantage

I think for top recruits the hc drives the ship and with mario track record vs the guys we are recruiting with its not the same

This doesn’t mean we can’t land him but its an unbias perspective everybody here is ignoring

You want an unbiased perspective? Norvell’s three years without Jordan Travis he went 6-7, 3-6, and 5-7. Facts. Jordan Travis is not suiting up next year for FSU. Also facts.

Travis made them the last 2 years. Just ask the playoff committee what they think of FSU minus Travis.

JJ needs to decide if he wants be paid more money to play in front of his family and on a team with his friends, have Cam Ward throw him the ball, or if he wants to live in rural Florida 6+ hours away with DJ Ukulele throwing him the ball, who couldn’t win at Clemson when they were far more talented than FSU will be next year.

Advertisement
I prefer to have a head coach who doesn't call plays. It is easier and cheaper to replace coordinators than HC's. Not to mention you are stuck with one scheme the entire time with little to no change and if there is a change it's usually out of desperation and doesn't work. Jimbo comes to mind. As long as Mario is willing to make changes if needed and in two seasons it seems to be his approach

Mario can break down offensive schemes its not something thats hard for a coach to do. What Mario can't do is call a offensive play in 30 seconds that works best against what you think the defense is running. All coaches at this level can breakdown offensive and defensive schemes its calling the plays thats a different story.

I never said he couldn't. But like most things in life, there are levels, and I wouldn't expect Mario to respond to questions about the offense with the same detail as Dawson, for example.

Regardless, based on personality and work ethic, I'd expect Mario has the advantage in most living rooms. But I'd expect that advantage is even bigger when he's sitting across from recruits who play in the trenches.

He said more than that. He said, "Recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized norvell,day, or Mario?". And he's implying that Mario can't sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized like Norvell and Day can. And if that's true, ergo, Mario can't recruit since that is what "recruiting is about".

If he's right, then how come Mario is arguable the best recruiter in college football?

Now I agree, that Norvell and Day can better relate to offensive players and the ways that they will be utilized but Mario doesn't have to do that to persuade Jeremiah Smith to sign with his team. Mario has other abilities that flat out trump Norvell's ability to explain to recruits how he plans on utilizing them.

They went in home with JJ today too, now that ward comin, I'd say we get him.
That’s it ! U did that on purpose! Hold on!
Shawn Michaels Sport GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

Advertisement
I prefer to have a head coach who doesn't call plays. It is easier and cheaper to replace coordinators than HC's. Not to mention you are stuck with one scheme the entire time with little to no change and if there is a change it's usually out of desperation and doesn't work. Jimbo comes to mind. As long as Mario is willing to make changes if needed and in two seasons it seems to be his approach

I do, too. I think a HC has enough on his plate that he doesn't need to be hyper-focused on what plays to call (on either side of the ball).

But you are talking mostly about logistical advantages versus a recruiting advantage with particular recruits.

He said more than that. He said, "Recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized norvell,day, or Mario?". And he's implying that Mario can't sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized like Norvell and Day can. And if that's true, ergo, Mario can't recruit since that is what "recruiting is about".

If he's right, then how come Mario is arguable the best recruiter in college football?

Now I agree, that Norvell and Day can better relate to offensive players and the ways that they will be utilized but Mario doesn't have to do that to persuade Jeremiah Smith to sign with his team. Mario has other abilities that flat out trump Norvell's ability to explain to recruits how he plans on utilizing them.

False. Click on the link below to learn how you have committed a pretty common logical fallacy in your first paragraph.

Example:

If you are an OC, then you can relate to offensive recruits.
Mario is not an OC.
Therefore, Mario can't relate to offensive recruits.

That's you and a couple of others... in this thread.... over and over again.

False. Click on the link below to learn how you have committed a pretty common logical fallacy in your first paragraph.

Example:

If you are an OC, then you can relate to offensive recruits.
Mario is not an OC.
Therefore, Mario can't relate to offensive recruits.

That's you and a couple of others... in this thread.... over and over again.
Explain to me what these two statements mean.

"Recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized norvell,day, or Mario?"

Advertisement
Explain to me what these two statements mean.

"Recruiting is about selling what u have. Who do u think can sit in a room and tell a player how they will be utilized norvell,day, or Mario?"

Are you daft or did you miss the author himself explaining it to you? Seriously, what the **** are you even talking about at this point?

I think mario does a great job of selling the vision of the program, he’s relentless and is probably one of the coolest most down to earth coaches in the country that kids will love and play their hearts out for

I don’t think he can sit a player down, especially a wr and breakdown how he they will be utilized. Its not a shot at mario and it doesn’t mean he cant do it im guessing he could still wind up landing jj without being great at it..Thats not the end all be all of course but im thinking it could factor in on recruitments like this where the kid doesn’t seem to be going for the vision of the program, home town type of stuff i could of course be wrong its just a guess like everything else

Sitting in someone living room is more about being a genuine stand up dude that the parents and family can trust they have someone who has the best interest for their kid whether they successful or not I think that’s why he is a great recruiter im talking about something else tho

Are you daft or did you miss the author himself explaining it to you? Seriously, what the **** are you even talking about at this point?
Thank you for posting his reply to my comment. And like I said, he moved the goalposts. But I'm going to leave this conversation because I know what follows next. Enjoy the day, man.

The s
Norvell is a better offensive mind than mario. If u sat in the room with both as a receiver and talked football who do u think could convey what they would do with you better? Not numbers just cut on tape and talk football, who do u think would be more convincing in that situation?
The better salesman of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back