2025 Jarquez Carter 4* DT from Newberry, FL commits to OSU

Advertisement
Yep i love our edge depth but our IDL depth worries me. I like scott and jones but i feel like we need to stack another good class with them and so far im not high on who we have in newton and simpson

Moten has shown flashes but has to be more consistent, its year 3 for him so yea not promising but still got time. Horton we will see when healthy, campbell is an ok depth piece will see next year, blount still a pup, Russell lol? Missing anyone?
You are exactly right! If we want to become the type of elite level program that Mario wants us to become, that we want us to become then it is absolutely imperative that we stack high quality DT classes back to back to back to back. When it comes to that position the recruiting cycles where you can take a mulligan are few and far between and that's after you have established yourself.

@E1k You are correct that Scott, Jones and Blount are the foundation along with Moten and Horton. That's a good start provided we keep stacking talent at the position every year. Flipping a kid like Carter would go a long way towards building this DT class as well as the kid who is committed to Georgia Tech. Obviously we want Elijah Griffin from Savannah and Jake Stewart from New Orleans as well but we'll see. I'm higher on Newton than I am on Simpson who just doesn't seem to have the type of consistency that I would prefer.

You are exactly right! If we want to become the type of elite level program that Mario wants us to become, that we want us to become then it is absolutely imperative that we stack high quality DT classes back to back to back to back. When it comes to that position the recruiting cycles where you can take a mulligan are few and far between and that's after you have established yourself.

@E1k You are correct that Scott, Jones and Blount are the foundation along with Moten and Horton. That's a good start provided we keep stacking talent at the position every year. Flipping a kid like Carter would go a long way towards building this DT class as well as the kid who is committed to Georgia Tech. Obviously we want Elijah Griffin from Savannah and Jake Stewart from New Orleans as well but we'll see. I'm higher on Newton than I am on Simpson who just doesn't seem to have the type of consistency that I would prefer.
Amen
quality dline depth is what elevates you to elite status

Yep and im not even saying super highly rated kids like scott or griffin and stewart, not saying we shouldn’t go hard for them but just better evals like this one, boucard, myron charles and a few others i thought we were after

Advertisement
I’ve seen 4-5 Bradford games live and I’ve never seen their OL get their asses whipped like this. Their interior OL has been an issue all year but this is a mismatch so far. Newton and Carter are eating.

Both defenses are dominating the game. The one score is a defensive td by Newberry. 7-0 half.

Advertisement
21-7 . Bradford put the run game up early because they knew the run wasn’t happening. Styles makes fights and this was an awful matchup for Bradford. Their weakness was exposed and by a large margin.

Amen
quality dline depth is what elevates you to elite status
I think the interior is slightly more important than edge. When you can get constant pressure up the middle and stop the run from the interior that is the making of an elite dline. I like other dline but I think it needs more size on the interior. We need guys like walker at Kentucky and grant and graham at michigan

Advertisement
Game over. 21-7 final.

As i said earlier I’ve seen Bradford live 4-5 times the last couple years and this is the first time I’ve seen them physically overmatched on the offensive side. Not even Cocoa did that in the state championship game.

Carter and Newton on a 2a HS DL is criminal. At no time did I feel Bradford had any chance to run, from the first drive until the last. Both guys dominated from the jump but Carter is an absolute man child inside. Complete game wrecker. He even played on the OL as a sixth blocker and affected the game there as well. The Newberry run game was bottled up until they made that adjustment.

Lastly Carter is undoubtedly an inside guy at the next level and imo should be a four star. Doesn’t have prototypical length but the get off more than makes up for length. He’s not just a quick, finesse player either, he could also collapse the pocket using power with the bull rush. Newton is more of a hybrid but his eventual spot is inside as well. He looks more like an athlete with zero fat on him. Wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up the better player down the road , higher ceiling but lower floor. Both guys are dudes though. I came away very impressed.

Last edited:
Game over. 21-7 final.

As i said earlier I’ve seen Bradford live 4-5 times the last couple years and this is the first time I’ve seen them physically overmatched on the offensive side. Not even Cocoa did that in the state championship game.

Carter and Newton on a 2a HS DL is criminal. At no time did I feel Bradford had any chance to run, from the first drive until the last. Both guys dominated from the jump but Carter is an absolute man child inside. Complete game wrecker. He even played on the OL as a sixth blocker and affected the game there as well. The Newberry run game was bottled up until they made that adjustment.

Lastly Carter is undoubtedly an inside guy ant the next level and imo should be a four star. Doesn’t have prototypical length but the get off more than makes up for length. But he’s not just a quick , finesse player. He collapsed the pocket using power with the bull rush. Newton is more of a hybrid but his eventual spot is inside as well. He looks more like an athlete with zero fat on him. Wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up the better player down the road , higher ceiling but lower floor. Both guys are dudes though. I came away very impressed.
breakdown on newton?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back