Jaden Harris: Going through tempo in practice 100 times makes it that much easier

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Jaden Harris has been one of the breakout players of the defense, as he is playing fast and consistently finding himself around the ball. He met with reporters to discuss the USF game and his progress:

On USF’s offense: They have a great team and a great scheme. What makes it less difficult are the people up top, Coach Guidry and Coach Jackson, coming up with a great game plan for us. Those guys make our jobs easy by helping us understand the scheme, understand their strengths. That...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
I actually appreciate the respect all the interviewees demonstrate for the upcoming opponent(s). It is a consistent theme, so that would suggest a coaching emphasis, and I believe it will help translate to to a mindset that does not underestimate the opponent. In today's CFB, you don't just show up and collect the W. Very reassuring to hear this regularly.

I wonder who the scout team QB is to emulate Brown's style for the defense?

Is it direct Snaps to Allen in some sort of Semi-Wilcat?

Advertisement
I like the fact that Mario keeps these guys humble and hungry. Forget about the #8 ranking and play every single opponent like it is the most important game of the year.

We’ve got to continue to play like a hunter with a chip on his shoulder. Manny had those guys believing their own hype.

I’m here in Austin this week and the UT faithful are definitely keeping an eye on us. You can tell they are not yet ready to buy our hype - and I’m good with that.

Stay humble and hungry and keep winning, Mario.

After ND upset we can't look past anyone

We better not take them lightly! Bama was up by only 1 point, 14-13 when USF punted the ball back with 11:50 to go in the 4th quarter. And that's after USF held them to a 17-3 win last season. Bama should have come locked in. Could you imagine our game day thread if this happens to us?

Which is why I think we're going to come out firing. If we win the coin-toss, we're going on defense and are pinning our ears back. They won't know what hit them.

We better not take them lightly! Bama was up by only 1 point, 14-13 when USF punted the ball back with 11:50 to go in the 4th quarter. And that's after USF held them to a 17-3 win last season. Bama should have come locked in. Could you imagine our game day thread if this happens to us?

Which is why I think we're going to come out firing. If we win the coin-toss, we're going on defense and are pinning our ears back. They won't know what hit them.

This is an example where the box score doesn’t tell you the story. In 2023 Bama benched Jalen Milroe the week prior after Texas. They started the backup, Buchner, who was so awful they benched him in the 2nd quarter. The 3rd string QB, Ty Simpson, played the rest of the game. Like this year they shot themselves in the foot with turnovers and stupid penalties. All 3 qbs are basura. Coming off a loss to Texas, they were lazy and undisciplined, and didn’t treat USF as a real team. I am actually happy USF fans have been delusional and talking trash- it should help focus our players on destroying them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back