Jacolby George needs more targets (video)

Advertisement
Just like TVD had X for his security blanket. Sounds like Ward has found his in JG. We shall see, but I’m hoping we can multiple receivers with 1K or very close.

Just like TVD had X for his security blanket. Sounds like Ward has found his in JG. We shall see, but I’m hoping we can multiple receivers with 1K or very close.

Don’t think this is it. X will be his security blanket. But Cam is a smart dude who has played a ton of ball and knows this system. To me, what he’s saying is, I know what I have at most spots. I know I have a good line in front of me. I know I have a horse in the backfield. I know I have several other backs who can work. I know Restrepo is gonna be open all day in the slot as one of the best players in the country at that position. I know I have several bodies at TE who have NFL size and talent. But what really unlocks all of this is a true deep threat on the outside who can pull defenses out of the box. JG is that missing piece that every elite offense needs. If you don’t have that threat on the outside, the whole field shrinks. Now if you have a dude who is truly elite at X or Z, it opens up the whole field for Restrepo, for Martinez, for the tight ends, etc.

There’s no doubt George has the talent. The big question is has he grown up and cut out the bonehead penalties?

George isn't reliable enough to be anybody's security blanket.
Every QB that has taken a snap at Miami within the last calender year has used X as their security blanket, not just TVD.
Ward was only here for 48 hours before he realized who he can trust the most, hence the reason he threw him 67 passes in the spring game.

Anybody who knows JG, even dating back to high school, knows what his issues are. Very talented but needs more maturity. You can't be a reliable "security blanket" if you can't even regulate your emotions.

Furthermore...
We're talking about the same Jacoby George who could've caught a long post route in the beginning of the bowl game but didn't every try to extend for the ball?

Advertisement
Security blanket probably the wrong term but I do think jacolby is most similar to the guys cam had at Washington st.

X is still the security blanket because you can count on getting the same guy every snap no matter what

Also jacolby if tvd doesn’t fall off a cliff easily could have gotten 1k so i can definitely see it. Probably have 3 guys over 600-700

Every QB that has taken a snap at Miami within the last calender year has used X as their security blanket, not just TVD.
Ward was only here for 48 hours before he realized who he can trust the most, hence the reason he threw him 67 passes in the spring game.

Anybody who knows JG, even dating back to high school, knows what his issues are. Very talented but needs more maturity. You can't be a reliable "security blanket" if you can't even regulate your emotions.

Furthermore...
We're talking about the same Jacoby George who could've caught a long post route in the beginning of the bowl game but didn't every try to extend for the ball?
sam brown and isaiah horton ... competition is the equalizer

Regardless, we have three proven commodities at receiver and some very intriguing younger guys as reserves. We’re in a good place right now.

How many years in the past would we be banking on Trader and Carr to be immediate impact players? Now we can bring them along and let them contribute when they show they’re capable.

Advertisement

Furthermore...

Bingo bango.

That’s why getting SBrown in the portal was so important for this offense.

Advertisement
Back