It's Cracking. Let's show up to Cal.

Advertisement
Cal just beat Auburn at Auburn with their star RB nursing an ankle injury.
I watched a fair amount of that game. Auburn was downright awful. They had FIVE turnovers; four picks and a lost fumble. Two of Cal's three scores came as a direct result of the turnovers. Cal's first TD was a traditional march down the field. The rest were not. TD#2 came after a pick gave them the ball at the Auburn 21. TD#3 came after a fumble where Cal got the ball at Auburn's 36. To Cal's credit, they took advantage of a couple of the turnovers (they had a missed FG after one other Auburn TO), but I find games like this real hard to pull any takeaways from. Most games do not involve a 5-0 turnover disparity. Yes, they're part of the game. Yes, they happened to Cal's benefit. Odds are though that Cal won't see another 5 turnover margin in their favor the rest of this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Confused Bryan Cranston GIF

Advertisement
Blink twice if they have you locked in a basement.

Blink three times if in the attic.

Stay strong, we are here, help is on the way.
I am alive! ****, I can post some gibberish when hammered. In this case I was all fired up after the Florida game.

But...I did buy tickets this week for my buddy and I to sit down low in the T section of Cal's stadium. Hopefully I can meetup or tailgate with some fellow Caniacs here. I am much more normal in person... It's only when 20 beer Tim rears his head !! Then I am like MJ and the Thriller video when he becomes the werewolf. Ha.

Cheers.

Any one have an idea of when game time will be announced?
Usual 5-7 days before
This is incorrect. I believe the gametime will likely be announced 12 days out on Monday, September 23. Somebody correct me if I am wrong as this may have changed, but the ACC used to have about 4 games a year they can announce on only a 6-day window. Unless this changed, there is a chance this could happen (we play VT on 9/27 and Cal has a bye) but I doubt they would utilize the 6-day hold unless say Cal is undefeated and they want to see what we do against VT before giving us say the primetime ABC game against Cal if we are both undefeated.

I am alive! ****, I can post some gibberish when hammered. In this case I was all fired up after the Florida game.

But...I did buy tickets this week for my buddy and I to sit down low in the T section of Cal's stadium. Hopefully I can meetup or tailgate with some fellow Caniacs here. I am much more normal in person... It's only when 20 beer Tim rears his head !! Then I am like MJ and the Thriller video when he becomes the werewolf. Ha.

Cheers.
I think of myself more as a wherewolf, because I lose my sense of direction.

Advertisement
Think that game might sell out for Cal (technically, always secondary market)

This is incorrect. I believe the gametime will likely be announced 12 days out on Monday, September 23. Somebody correct me if I am wrong as this may have changed, but the ACC used to have about 4 games a year they can announce on only a 6-day window. Unless this changed, there is a chance this could happen (we play VT on 9/27 and Cal has a bye) but I doubt they would utilize the 6-day hold unless say Cal is undefeated and they want to see what we do against VT before giving us say the primetime ABC game against Cal if we are both undefeated.
This seems to be a prime candidate for a 730 ET game to highlight new ACC teams. Hopefully not a 730 PT

Advertisement
Back