It’s finally here. College football starts for real TODAY! Here’s a handy schedule for televised games.

I would say Nebraska’s game against NW could tell us something about Nebraska but with how ****** Northwestern has been lately and considering the way the Huskers thrashed them last season, the only takeaway from that game might be that if Nebraska can’t win it comfortably then Frost will probably be in the unemployment line before the end of the season.
Nebraska should be much better based solely on the law of averages. They went 3-9 last year but they’re the first team in a century that lost 9 games by single digits. We all know that close games can be affected by one or two small things and to lose every single close game is pretty much epically bad luck.

Frost brought in a ton of transfers and replaced a bunch of his offensive staff. Mark Whipple left Pittsburgh for Nebraska. Vegas has their win total at 7.5.

Advertisement
Nebraska should be much better based solely on the law of averages. They went 3-9 last year but they’re the first team in a century that lost 9 games by single digits. We all know that close games can be affected by one or two small things and to lose every single close game is pretty much epically bad luck.

Frost brought in a ton of transfers and replaced a bunch of his offensive staff. Mark Whipple left Pittsburgh for Nebraska. Vegas has their win total at 7.5.

Last year, at 3-9, was Frost‘s fourth year at Nebraska. He has an overall record of 15–29, and 3–9 was his fourth year record, a year and when he should be at his pinnacle.

How is he still employed? Or has Nebraska basically just accepted that they are going to be mediocre from this point forward, and they’re going to shoot for 6 to 8 wins every year? Maybe that is their ceiling at this point. But that record last year. Sheesh.

Each game has either a link or info. regarding the broadcasting information, so maybe somebody might find that useful.

Of note, with respect to the games on Saturday, August 27 (today), is that FAMU goes to North Carolina, I believe that’s the only other ACC game this weekend, with the other one being Duquesne at the semenholes.

Here are tomorrow’s games, really no big matchups as far as P5 teams. Unless I’m missing something.

Saturday, Aug. 27

Austin Peay at Western Kentucky | 12 p.m. | CBSSN
Nebraska vs. Northwestern (Dublin, Ireland) | 12:30 p.m. | FOX
Idaho State at UNLV | 3:30 p.m. | CBSSN
Stephen F. Austin vs. Jacksonville State (Montgomery, Alabama) | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN
UConn at Utah State | 4 p.m. | FS1
Wyoming at Illinois | 4 p.m. | Big Ten Network
Duquesne at Florida State | 5 p.m. | ACC Network
Charlotte at Florida Atlantic | 7 p.m. | CBSSN
Howard vs. Alabama State (Atlanta) | 7 p.m. | ESPN |

📲 Follow live coverage of the Howard vs. Alabama State game from NCAA.com's Stan Becton here.

Morehead State at Mercer | 7 p.m. | ESPN+
Florida A&M at North Carolina | 8:15 p.m. | ACC Network
North Texas at UTEP | 9 p.m. | Stadium
Nevada at New Mexico State | 10 p.m. | ESPN2
Vanderbilt at Hawai'i | 10:30 p.m. | CBSSN

We'll take it, but already gearing up for real games next weekend. (All games PT, fellow left-coasters—just listed best games, not all):

9/1
West Virginia @ Pittsburgh — 4pm
Penn State @ Purdue — 5pm

9/3
Colorado State @ Michigan — 9am
Oregon @ Georgia — 12:30pm
Bethune-Cookman @ Miami — 12:30pm
Cincinnati @ Arkansas — 12:30pm
Utah @ Florida — 4:00pm
Notre Dame @ Ohio State — 4:30pm

9/4
Florida State @ LSU — 4:30pm

9/5
Clemson @ Georgia Tech — 5:00pm

LFG Duquesne
Let this logo be a mark of horror for Florida State.

1661607278575.jpeg

We'll take it, but already gearing up for real games next weekend. (All games PT, fellow left-coasters—just listed best games, not all):

9/1
West Virginia @ Pittsburgh — 4pm
Penn State @ Purdue — 5pm

9/3
Colorado State @ Michigan — 9am
Oregon @ Georgia — 12:30pm
Bethune-Cookman @ Miami — 12:30pm
Cincinnati @ Arkansas — 12:30pm
Utah @ Florida — 4:00pm
Notre Dame @ Ohio State — 4:30pm

9/4
Florida State @ LSU — 4:30pm

9/5
Clemson @ Georgia Tech — 5:00pm

I’ve got Miami Bethune Cookman for 3:30 PM in my calendar. I was planning to go to an afternoon game at the rock. I’m going to double check that time.

EDIT: it’s confirmed at 3:30 PM

Advertisement
C’mon man, Vandy v Hawaii lol
They are playing in a 9000 seat stadium because f construction in the main one. This is about the size of Duquesne's stadium.
CORRRECTION; THEY PLAY AT THE ARTHUR ROONEY STADIUM WITH A CAPACITY OF 2,200.

They are playing in a 9000 seat stadium because f construction in the main one. This is about the size of Duquesne's stadium.
CORRRECTION; THEY PLAY AT THE ARTHUR ROONEY STADIUM WITH A CAPACITY OF 2,200.

Wait. They’re playing in a stadium with 2,200 capacity?

Advertisement

LOL

Could you suck frost off any harder?

Tell me again how frost didn't win with O'Leary's players

Advertisement

Losing first game when your favored is bad, losing first game is recoverable, if you make the adjustments. Agree with a lot of what you said. These kids need to learn to play in this system and learn to Win in this system. Frost’s job depends on whether their fans can see the forest for the trees and see the progress. That said, *** Nebraska. Network played the fumblerooski highlight during the game. Failed to mention the Canes **** canned those Cows for the NC. Eat a bag of corn fed Bull Dycks.🙌🏽 #CANESNATIONLIFER

Just FYI, Joe Mischler who played at Cathedral Prep for his dad, Mike Mischler, is Duquesne’s QB.
Interesting

I didn’t play at Prep but all my friends growing up did (I went to public school there)

I know Mike quite well through mutual contacts

A lot of guys went to Iowa from there (a connection with Mischler) including Greg Gorman who was a target of ours

Bob Sanders is the best player I’ve ever played with. Dude was insane

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back