Isaiah Wong

Advertisement
This is a really strong get. Classic Northeast Point Guard who will see the floor early. Villanova really wanted him and that's good enough for me. The one and done's are talented, but give me a solid, top 100 kid who can be developed for 3-4 years and you'll win a lot of games that way.

Advertisement
This is a really strong get. Classic Northeast Point Guard who will see the floor early. Villanova really wanted him and that's good enough for me. The one and done's are talented, but give me a solid, top 100 kid who can be developed for 3-4 years and you'll win a lot of games that way.
You could've said the same for JaQuan Newton four years ago. Hope Wong can shoot better than Newton ever could.

Advertisement
I see more of a poor mans Bruce Brown with a slightly better mid range game. Not as physical but really fluid.

Advertisement
Things hit Miami hard in the wake of the FBI scandal. Though directly never named, it was easy to see that Miami was one of the schools the FBI was looking at, as it related to Nassir Little's recruitment. This led to a major stop in the 2018 recruiting class for the Hurricanes. In fact the Hurricanes really weren't even allowed to recruit for a little while. The news cost them the commitment of four-star forward Saddiq Bey, who ultimately ended up at Villanova, and also stopped what was looking like a potentially very good class.

Now things have picked back up for Miami. Because they didn't have a 2018 recruiting class, Miami filled voids with transfers. Zach Johnson from FGCU, Anthony Mack from Wyoming, and Kameron McGusty from Oklahoma all came into the program.

Now in 2019, Miami is back going again. They just landed the commitment of four-star combo guard Isaiah Wong, and continue to be associated with other top prospects in the class. While this scandal has hurt Miami more than most, the Hurricanes appear to be back.

Where do things stand with the teams impacted by the FBI scandal

If Vernon Carey Jr signs (and maybe Isaiah Wong commit will be a big plus) with Canes it would be huuuuUUUUuuuge… sure hope u are right not wong!

Advertisement
So, I've seen the highlights, read the stuff, etc. Is this a kid that will be ready to play as a true freshman?

Advertisement
Back