is Lepore done for the season?

Advertisement
▪ Morris said starting pitcher Jesse Lepore (9-0, 2.20 ERA) has been medically cleared after being scratched from Sunday’s start against Boston College.

Lepore, a sophomore, apparently began feeling shoulder tightness during the ACC tournament.

“It shouldn’t be a problem, but he’s still tight,” Morris said. “Until he’s not tight, he won’t pitch. It’s a good ballpark for Jesse to pitch in; it’s a pitcher’s park. He’s medically cleared once he feels OK. He has no structural damage whatsoever.”

In his win against Georgia Tech on May 25, Lepore went six innings but left in the seventh. Lepore only lasted three innings in his next start against Long Beach State in the regional on June 5, giving up a run on three hits with three strikeouts.

Read more here: Miami Hurricanes baseball team off to Omaha for CWS with help of freshman pitcher Frankie Bartow | Miami Herald

If I'm cleared to pitch in the CWS by medical, and the only thing stopping me is reporting tightness, then I'm not reporting tightness. He has 8 months to rest his shoulder after Omaha. Let's go.

Advertisement
I haven't seen too many games this year as the baseball team doesn't get the exposure up here in Va like they do down south. Judging from his record and ERA he must be pretty good. Is he our #1 and does he have good stuff? I only ask because the starters I watched in the regionals and supers were underwhelming to me.

I haven't seen too many games this year as the baseball team doesn't get the exposure up here in Va like they do down south. Judging from his record and ERA he must be pretty good. Is he our #1 and does he have good stuff? I only ask because the starters I watched in the regionals and supers were underwhelming to me.

He's very good, but your post is a joke. D Garcia just got drafted. Both Lepore and Mediavilla are consensus Top-100 college prospects for next years draft. I don't know what you were expecting, but I'm sorry that's "underwhelming" to you.

He's very good, but your post is a joke. D Garcia just got drafted. Both Lepore and Mediavilla are consensus Top-100 college prospects for next years draft. I don't know what you were expecting, but I'm sorry that's "underwhelming" to you.

I don't know. You see all these other teams with guys pitching in the mid 90s with some dominant stuff. I personally didn't see it with our guys. IMO, they have below average fast balls with very little movement and nothing else that really scares other hitters. Like I said I have only been able to see the last 5 - 7 games. Maybe I am wrong. I have never seen Lepore pitch before which is why I asked. I do really like Frankie and the other freshman Cabezas.

I don't know. You see all these other teams with guys pitching in the mid 90s with some dominant stuff. I personally didn't see it with our guys. IMO, they have below average fast balls with very little movement and nothing else that really scares other hitters. Like I said I have only been able to see the last 5 - 7 games. Maybe I am wrong. I have never seen Lepore pitch before which is why I asked. I do really like Frankie and the other freshman Cabezas.

I guess you don't have ESPN3. Every home game was carried - best season for watching Canes baseball ever.

Advertisement
No doubt we don't have the same explosive stuff some staffs do.

With that said, I think we have good pitchers, and next years staff could be very good.

Lepore (if healthy) is better than D Garcia. His availability would help a lot in Omaha.

Not worried about Mediavilla. 11-1 ERA in the 3's, not as confident in Garcia.

Midtown is solid. Having watched UF the past two weekend, he wouldn't sniff a weekend start for them this year. I haven't seen much of the other Omaha bound teams, but I would be surprised if our starting pitching compared favorably with most of them.

Advertisement

Justin Dunn and Zack Burdi also got drafted and they were also underwhelming. Don't act like the guy doesn't have a point. Our weak link is our pitching. Congrats to Danny Garcia on "getting drafted", but he was not good against a BC team that can't hit.

You guys don't have to flip out every time someone makes an observation about our team. It's a message board, and our team has it's flaws. It's okay to talk about it.

Midtown is solid. Having watched UF the past two weekend, he wouldn't sniff a weekend start for them this year. I haven't seen much of the other Omaha bound teams, but I would be surprised if our starting pitching compared favorably with most of them.

He's been better than AJ Puk all year long.

Although it can be a key to how talented a player is, most players are drafted on arm talent and potential which doesn't always match production.

Advertisement

Lepore (if healthy) is better than D Garcia. His availability would help a lot in Omaha.

Would be great to have all hands on deck. My intentions weren't to bash the team, simply asking for insights. Some people get upset around here if anything other than positive things are posted.

He's been better than AJ Puk all year long.

No he hasn't. And nobody is starting Midtown over AJ Puk anyway.

Pitching is not always about how fast you can throw....its more about keeping the hitters off balance. Which is why a good to great change up is the best pitch in baseball especially if you can hit your spots. I would take a pitcher who can hit spots and change speeds all day any day over a guy that can throw heat. The less pitches a pitcher throws is better for the team. Get the defense off the field.

Advertisement
Back