I hate Notre Dame

Advertisement
I too used to hate all things Notre Dame. But, then I traveled to Chicago to see my beloved Canes play the Irish in a neutral site game at Soldier Field. The first half was close and all of the ND fans sitting near me were, well, it is still hard to say this, nice-very nice. When we made a good play they even clapped. The second half was a blow out and they were even nicer. After the game, several said they were glad that they did not have to play us when the young guys got some experience. Now, I have to say that I can't hate ND. In fact, in the recent hoops tourney I rooted for them as part of the ACC group that got to the sweet 16................live and learn.

50? The temp probably wont approach 50 all weekend. Not sure how many games they will get in this weekend/

They actually decided to play here this weekend cuz of the weather up in Notre dame. There will be a double header on Saturday and a game on Sunday.

Advertisement
I too used to hate all things Notre Dame. But, then I traveled to Chicago to see my beloved Canes play the Irish in a neutral site game at Soldier Field. The first half was close and all of the ND fans sitting near me were, well, it is still hard to say this, nice-very nice. When we made a good play they even clapped. The second half was a blow out and they were even nicer. After the game, several said they were glad that they did not have to play us when the young guys got some experience. Now, I have to say that I can't hate ND. In fact, in the recent hoops tourney I rooted for them as part of the ACC group that got to the sweet 16................live and learn.

I hear you. My wife and I went to South Bend in 1990 for the last Christians vs. Convicts game. The Irish hosted UM fans in their field house before the game including food, drink and their band playing UM fight songs. Notre Dame legends were also present including Paul Hornung. I gained a lot of respect for them. The fans in the stadium were a lot classier then we were when they visited us.

I never understood the theory behind being an ******* to somebody because of the team they root for. It's a sporting event, not D-Day. Unfortunately, many of our fans don't share this point of view.

I never understood the theory behind being an ******* to somebody because of the team they root for. It's a sporting event, not D-Day. Unfortunately, many of our fans don't share this point of view.
I think for the most part it's not hate per se, it's rivalry. I've attended several games with Clemson and GT, with good friends who were graduates of both. When people say they "hate" in sports rivalries they may root for say another team to beat your rival but not for their players to be hurt. I always say I root for whoever plays the Yankees, Cowboys and ND. But I also root for the ACC, even if I have to hold my nose while doing so. Few years back there was a T-shirt out that said, "Friends don't let Friends be Noles". My son wore that shirt for ages.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
They actually decided to play here this weekend cuz of the weather up in Notre dame. There will be a double header on Saturday and a game on Sunday.

I have not read that anywhere.

Neither have I but I know it's happening. Solid team source

Ummmmmmm... They're gonna play in south bend per Their Twitter account

Yea ND *****ed out. Our squad had already come back and changed the original plans. They were supposed to be up in south bend since yesterday but ND has said they would play here and now they changed their minds. Oh well ****** baseball weather it is

U Offered to pay for Irish trip to Miami, ACC okayed it, but left it up to ND. Also looked for neutral sites but none were available (find this hard to believe). Guessing that at least one if not all games will be canceled...and teams settle for wiffle ball inside...Miami still sweeps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Many? You are too kind.

Advertisement
Herald reported this morning that ND agreed to travel to UM but the ACC NIXED it. :stupid:

UPDATE: TOO MUCH SNOW IN SOUTH BEND...DOUBLE HEADER NOW SCHEDULED TO BEGIN AT 3:30 today per Tim Reynolds. Current temp is 23 degrees....it will hurt Canes ranking/schedule strength if games are cancelled.

Advertisement
Tim Reynolds just tweeted that it's snowing hard; pushed back again till 4:30.

UPDATE: Today's doubleheader is cancelled. We'll try to play one tomorrow at 1PM. At least the snowball fight after breakfast was fun!

Advertisement
Back