I hate Duke

HELLO MOJO - WELCOME BACK!
Great game , congrats coach L, well played. Could coach K have whined even more...boo hoo, boo hop.

Advertisement
Just like I've said before Miami is at their best when Angel is playing! Have to keep him in and build confidence.

Miami needs him to play well. When Miami was playing sluggish as a TEAM before the WF game, everyone wanted to point out everything Angel did wrong to kill the team and they refused to see how bad everyone else was.

Agree with everyone about the officiating. How many free throws did UM have in the 1st half? Duke was bailed out, especially Plumlee, about 10 times under the basket.

That is why people hate Duke so much. They get almost every call, every game they play. And if, God forbid, a call does not go their way, that sniveling rat coach of theirs cries like a baby. Elitists...

Nice win and good to see Angel play better. Love seeing Coach K lose. He spends more time barking at the refs than he does coaching his team.

Advertisement
Down the stretch, Duke kept hanging around but we'd go down and score almost every single time to keep them at arms length. Was really impressive. I was very aware that a few possessions could flip the game at any point but we simply would not allow it. Kept making plays until zeros on the clock. That was great.

Advertisement
This is why I hate Duke

And that wasn't a tech HOW? HE LASHED OUT AT THE F$%^ING REF.

Thug team.

That "T", which was never called, but absolutely was a T, could have reversed the entire momentum of the game. 1) He pushed Grayson, 2) he yelled at the ref, and I believe the ref had to physically push him back, so there should have been 2 technicals called. Bogus. That's one of the worst called games I've ever seen from start to finish. Refs were total homers. We didn't play well, granted; but the refs sealed the deal. Larranega stomping around, and screaming like an idiot, no T called. What a joke.

Then the aggressive D and runout dunks when it was clear our guys had accepted defeat... Classy.

There was a also play in the 1st half where McClellan was showing up the officials; you could argue he should have received a T for that as well.

**** him

It wasn't a Tech because it might have cost Miami the game.

I saw that. So in reality, he gets away with 3 technicals lol
The blatant push to Grayson though, and then it looked like he might go after the ref...if the teammate hadn't intervened, who knows? I thought it should have been: 2 technicals and an ejection.

All I'm saying is that if Brandon Ingram or Matt Jones yelled in a refs face like that and had to get physically pushed back from the ref, and they didn't call it a technical-the rest of the college basketball world would be complaining and whining Brandon or Matt didn't get T'd up.

Yeah a tech would mean two free throws plus the ball. A second tech would give two additional free throws. Plus the Miami player should have been ejected, and we'd be in the double bonus.

It's not like we deserved to win or anything, but if that play had been properly called then things would have gotten very interesting. Instead, I fully expect the Miami player to be suspended by the ACC for their next game, where they'll get blown out and thus make us look even worse.

if it was any body else except against duke, I have a feeling he'd been t'ed up

100% agreed. That McClellon and company showed up the refs every time they were called on it. For sure, there should have been 2 techs and an ejection. Because it was Duke and because it may have affected the outcome, the ref (one in particular) nicely talked to the idiot. Did you notice how during another foul called against him, he and the ref were talking arm in arm? Had his arm around him, talking to him, calming him down. What a bunch of thugs. Refs clearly homies. But that's not why we lost.

:monkey-serious::puzzled::kobe::impurethoughts::dbc-head3::canes1::boosie::KYPOwCc::canes2::larryd::canes3::jordan::jordan::jordan::jordan::jordan::jordan::jordan::jordan::stephenahand::toadster::eddiemurphy::chrispaulnoooo::XvfmlQQ::XvfmlQQ::XvfmlQQ::XvfmlQQ:

Thuggish basketball at the end paid off for Miami

I'm actually sick of the Jefferson excuse. 15-6. We're 15-6 and we're losing to not good teams. Miami is solid, but UK is weak, Clemson sucks, Louisville just throttled Syracuse. We're losing no to bad teams.

Miami has a bunch of punks on that team of theirs.

I was resigned to the loss and generally somewhat "okay" with it until they dunked it instead of dribbling it out.

This is why I hate Duke

And that wasn't a tech HOW? HE LASHED OUT AT THE F$%^ING REF.

Thug team.

That "T", which was never called, but absolutely was a T, could have reversed the entire momentum of the game. 1) He pushed Grayson, 2) he yelled at the ref, and I believe the ref had to physically push him back, so there should have been 2 technicals called. Bogus. That's one of the worst called games I've ever seen from start to finish. Refs were total homers. We didn't play well, granted; but the refs sealed the deal. Larranega stomping around, and screaming like an idiot, no T called. What a joke.

Then the aggressive D and runout dunks when it was clear our guys had accepted defeat... Classy.

There was a also play in the 1st half where McClellan was showing up the officials; you could argue he should have received a T for that as well.

**** him

It wasn't a Tech because it might have cost Miami the game.

I saw that. So in reality, he gets away with 3 technicals lol
The blatant push to Grayson though, and then it looked like he might go after the ref...if the teammate hadn't intervened, who knows? I thought it should have been: 2 technicals and an ejection.

All I'm saying is that if Brandon Ingram or Matt Jones yelled in a refs face like that and had to get physically pushed back from the ref, and they didn't call it a technical-the rest of the college basketball world would be complaining and whining Brandon or Matt didn't get T'd up.

Yeah a tech would mean two free throws plus the ball. A second tech would give two additional free throws. Plus the Miami player should have been ejected, and we'd be in the double bonus.

It's not like we deserved to win or anything, but if that play had been properly called then things would have gotten very interesting. Instead, I fully expect the Miami player to be suspended by the ACC for their next game, where they'll get blown out and thus make us look even worse.

if it was any body else except against duke, I have a feeling he'd been t'ed up

100% agreed. That McClellon and company showed up the refs every time they were called on it. For sure, there should have been 2 techs and an ejection. Because it was Duke and because it may have affected the outcome, the ref (one in particular) nicely talked to the idiot. Did you notice how during another foul called against him, he and the ref were talking arm in arm? Had his arm around him, talking to him, calming him down. What a bunch of thugs. Refs clearly homies. But that's not why we lost.

:monkey-serious::puzzled::kobe::impurethoughts::dbc-head3::canes1::boosie::KYPOwCc::canes2::larryd::canes3::jordan::jordan::jordan::jordan::jordan::jordan::jordan::jordan::stephenahand::toadster::eddiemurphy::chrispaulnoooo::XvfmlQQ::XvfmlQQ::XvfmlQQ::XvfmlQQ:

This is exactly what I said in a previous post. They expect to get every call, every game...and if they don't, they cry like a bunch of wussies.

But really...how seriously can you take a Duke fan complaining about officiating? That's like the Yankees complaining about another team buying a pennant. lol

Advertisement
Thuggish basketball at the end paid off for Miami

I'm actually sick of the Jefferson excuse. 15-6. We're 15-6 and we're losing to not good teams. Miami is solid, but UK is weak, Clemson sucks, Louisville just throttled Syracuse. We're losing no to bad teams.

Miami has a bunch of punks on that team of theirs.

I was resigned to the loss and generally somewhat "okay" with it until they dunked it instead of dribbling it out.

This coming from the fan of a team that put Christian Laettner on the court for 4 years. Now he was the definition of a punk and thug. Perhaps he doesn't remember Laettner stomping on a UK player that was on the floor.

HA HA HA HA HA HA, T's, **** right they missed em... only should have been on coach K, 6th man on court and in ref's ear all nite.

Advertisement
Coach K was a little **** as usual all night. Thug team they say? GREAT! That's the image im looking for.

From the UNC board during the game:

dook is dragging their feet on every drive

Only 2 fouls committed the entire half! Now that's impressive

dook has such great defensive awareness and positioning. That's the only explanation. Only two personal fouls the entire first half.

LOL... how ridiculous is that stat?

They just got away with 3 fouls on the first missed layup. I could hear the meat clash with the volume down.

6 whole fouls? lol

refs are just dying to give dook a chance. despite them reach and pulling at everything. smh

They are trying, but dook just sucks!

So it's ok to jump on someone who has the ball as long as your Dook? Any other team would have been called for a foul there....and gave them the ball on the possession. smh

We are all Hurricanes. duck fook.

Where was this game played?

The calls were atrocious. The NCAA needs to investigate the officiating in this game. Couldn't be more biased...ON THE ROAD NO LESS!

I popped in on a Duke board. Once poster said the refs were biased towards Miami because they were afraid of getting shot outside the arena if they weren't.

THAT, my friend, is AMAZING!

NC State fans on the Duke game and Coach L

My kingdom for Jim Larranaga to coach the Pack

Someone explain to me why Fowler never looked at him???

I can tell you with 100% certainty it would not have mattered. Larranaga would not have come to NC State then.

McClellan gets the last laugh with a breakaway slam exclamation point. The refs and Dookie Vitale game him a ton of crap for getting so ticked off after the held ball, but Ingram knocked him to the floor and got away with it. I love the way Miami refused to be intimidated by Dook. We got too many weenie fans and coaches that would say don't dunk it like that, it'll **** them off. Well I say let 'em get ****ed off. Eff 'em. Way to go, Canes!

We score 78 against duke. Miami 80. The majority difference is JL demands defense. Gottfried said if duke makes 3s that's on him. Miami guarded the 3 point line made duke take tough 2 point shots . Duke doesn't break 70. Think about what Miami basketball program was when they entered the acc and where their at now. It's coaching. They have it!

Advertisement
Back