I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

Advertisement
Solid portal haul so far, how many more are we taking?

We have 5 available scharships right?

We know Jim wont use them all
We currently have a 6 man rotation for all intents and purposes:

Pack
Blackmon
Cleveland
Johnson
Kidd
Bethea

Djobet may get 10-12 min a game and Swartz and Johnson- Arigu will be fringe guys that could carve out bigger roles as the season progresses.

We absolutely need another plug and play rotational big to spell Kidd and then a younger PG via the portal that can give us 2023 Bensley minutes off the bench and then take over for Pack/Blackmon next year.

From there, I probably use another spot or two on developmental prospects (portal or prep) and just go BPA.

That gives us a solid 8 man rotation out of the gate and potentially more by conference play

Solid portal haul so far, how many more are we taking?

We have 5 available scharships right?

We know Jim wont use them all

4 spots left. Here's my guess at the depth chart right now:

5: Kidd, Transfer
4: Johnson, Transfer
3: Cleveland, Djobet, IJA
2: Pack, Swartz
1: Blackmon, Bethea

Then 2 more players to get to 13 hopefully

Advertisement
We apparently were after Kidd hard two years ago when he transferred to VT so wouldn't shock me if the staff circled back to Lubin in a similar way.

Its amazing. I just wish we already knew the schedule so I can start buying plane tickets.
To have a family member play at the school you love is more than I could have asked for.

Once we get the schedule, let me know what games you are looking at. I'm definitely up for the travel, it's just hard going "solo" for some of the trips. Nice to have some folks to go to dinner with.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea this reeks of not having sufficient NIL dedicated to basketball transfer portal recruiting, whereas football doesn't seem to have that issue. I wish @DMoney had just led with that instead. It's great that we seem to be aggressively pursuing a number of guys but I may have to recalibrate my expectations as far as who we'll actually end up with.
UConn is 52 in NIL funding and 50 for ad revenue amongst public schools.

He was the #5 player coming out of HS. Apparently very athletic. But can't shoot at all.

Stock on 247 was insinuating that Mitchell may be looking for a starting spot but not sure where he fits next to Kidd (who also can't shoot) and Cleveland who isn't exactly a floor spacer himself.

Advertisement
Stock on 247 was insinuating that Mitchell may be looking for a starting spot but not sure where he fits next to Kidd (who also can't shoot) and Cleveland who isn't exactly a floor spacer himself.
Yea I can't imagine this kid and Kidd being on the court at the same time. I would put him as primary sub at the 3 and 4 spots tho, so while not starting, he can get a lot of minutes.

I think our starting rotation is set. Maybe they sell him on a lot of minutes and big NIL.

PG: Blackmon/Pack/Bethea
SG: Pack/Bethea/Djobet/Schwartz
SF: Cleveland/Mitchell/Djobet/IJU
PF: Brandon Johnson/Mitchell
C: Kidd

We still need a backup/development PG and backup rotation ready C.

Would be a very versatile lineup. I personally liked the idea of TJ Powers from Duke who can shoot lights out as our backup forward. Mitchell is a different direction as it brings extreme athleticism as opposed to floor spacing.

Yea I can't imagine this kid and Kidd being on the court at the same time. I would put him as primary sub at the 3 and 4 spots tho, so while not starting, he can get a lot of minutes.

I think our starting rotation is set. Maybe they sell him on a lot of minutes and big NIL.

PG: Blackmon/Pack/Bethea
SG: Pack/Bethea/Djobet/Schwartz
SF: Cleveland/Mitchell/Djobet/IJU
PF: Brandon Johnson/Mitchell
C: Kidd

We still need a backup/development PG and backup rotation ready C.

Would be a very versatile lineup. I personally liked the idea of TJ Powers from Duke who can shoot lights out as our backup forward. Mitchell is a different direction as it brings extreme athleticism as opposed to floor spacing.
Yea it's a curious pursuit if the plan was to start him

No way he comes here not to start. If he commits, I think it kicks Johnson to the bench. Yes spacing would be tight, but we would have an extremely athletic front court.

Advertisement
Back