I asked it before and I'll ask again...

Advertisement
Guard play generally makes or breaks teams built like us. Coach L better figure it out.
A quick way to make guard play better is by threatening the D with an inside presence on the block. Coach L needs to line up Jekiri, Murphy, and ICU and ask them which one of them is gonna step up and make that happen.

So, after another bad effort (albeit a win), I ask again. How good are we? Are we not as good as we thought (and a lot of experts thought)? Or are just in a rough patch? If everyone remembers, the 2012-2013 team looked pretty bad down the stretch. Losing 3 games (one was to Duke) but even winning some games against lesser competition by small margins. I'd even argue we didn't look that sharp in the ACC Tournament that we won, and we obviously only looked good in 1 NCAA tournament game, and that was against Pacific. So, what is it?

Advertisement
So, after another bad effort (albeit a win), I ask again. How good are we? Are we not as good as we thought (and a lot of experts thought)? Or are just in a rough patch? If everyone remembers, the 2012-2013 team looked pretty bad down the stretch. Losing 3 games (one was to Duke) but even winning some games against lesser competition by small margins. I'd even argue we didn't look that sharp in the ACC Tournament that we won, and we obviously only looked good in 1 NCAA tournament game, and that was against Pacific. So, what is it?

I will let you know after Wake and Duke. We're playing pretty bad right now.

Advertisement
Back