How many 1st rounders we have on this team?

Advertisement
Does Thomas care enough about football?

It's gotta be Kaaya, Coley, and AQM with the best shots. Njoku if he produces cause we all know at the combine he will impress.

Brad Kaaya will be a top 5 pick

I seen some mocks where they have Chad Thomas in the late first

AQM and Coley could make big leaps if they have a good year.

Honestly that is very hard to say even if you are talking about the upperclassmen getting ready to make that jump. In terms of potential I would say definitely Kaaya, Coley, AQM and Elder. Guys like Chad Thomas, Willis, Norton, McIntosh Quarterman, Young, Pinckney and McCloud certainly have the potential. On offense, guys like Njoku Richards and Homer have that ability but outside of Njoku they are pure potential at this point. This question is entirely up to the coaching staff in regards to how these kids develop.

If Chad put as much into football as he did his rap music he'd be a first rounder. But you know ...

As someone who knows him personally...i've known him to be someone who put everything he had into football and did music on the side. He would have came to my high school if he cared about music more. Problem is that the previous staff tainted him and forced some loss of passion and fun to the game. This led to him leaning on music to ensure that he succeeds one way or another. Dude (was?) a fierce person, very aggressive with everything he does, and highly competitive...If he isn't right now then hopefully someone can light that candle.

Chad is soft and needs to live up to his 5 star. The staff tainted him lol... Sound like an excuse to me.

Chad even being talked about as a first rounder is a joke at this point. With cool maybe the light bulb clicks, but until he shows even a glimpse on gameday that is laughable to think he has first round capabilities right now.

You mad? lol... U act like he's going into his Senior season??

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kaaya a top 5 pick? He's not even good enough for a first round pick. Maybe second. Already know I'll get heat for this post, kaaya is a good college qb, but isnt worth any first round pick

So, why do you think you'll catch heat for your post?

Is it because your post makes no sense whatsoever?

Is it because you made a claim but didn't list how you came to that conclusion?

Is it because so many NFL teams need a fuggin QB?

Is It because qbs with less talent and ability have gone high in the draft?

Is I because Ryan tanehill is better than kaaya? Cuz he was a first round QB.

One of the only qbs coming out of college that can run a prostyle system, has pinpoint accuracy, with great decision making skills and toughness isn't a first round guy?

You gotta be ****tin me.

Some of you just need to read and not post. Seriously.

I think it's more realistic to see Brad taken in the 2nd round than it is to see him taken in the top 5

Advertisement
Kaaya a top 5 pick? He's not even good enough for a first round pick. Maybe second. Already know I'll get heat for this post, kaaya is a good college qb, but isnt worth any first round pick

So, why do you think you'll catch heat for your post?

Is it because your post makes no sense whatsoever?

Is it because you made a claim but didn't list how you came to that conclusion?

Is it because so many NFL teams need a fuggin QB?

Is It because qbs with less talent and ability have gone high in the draft?

Is I because Ryan tanehill is better than kaaya? Cuz he was a first round QB.

One of the only qbs coming out of college that can run a prostyle system, has pinpoint accuracy, with great decision making skills and toughness isn't a first round guy?

You gotta be ****tin me.

Some of you just need to read and not post. Seriously.

I think it's more realistic to see Brad taken in the 2nd round than it is to see him taken in the top 5

Based upon?

Grace is too small to be a first round player. If Denzel could not get into round 1 I do not think he will. I agree with Njoku, kid is super talented and has that first round frame. Norton and Willis could possibly get there especially under coach Kool. AQM and Thomas will end up being second round guys at best. AQM is too much of an upper body guy. He does not overpower guys enough. Maybe he will improve in that area, but just do not see that overpowering drive from him in his pass rush. Chad just has a lot of work to do. I think he could end up in the fourth or fifth someday or the first. He has the prototypical size you look for in a DE. Coley, will become a first round player IMO. Carter? Dobard? Herndon? I just do not see it. Young and Owens are also a no. I do not even see Young being drafter prior to the sixth round. I do not see the explosion or speed. Just my .02

There is no telling what this staff can develop these guys into. However, most of these dudes needs a fairly big turnaround to get into those higher rounds. As it sits only Kaaya is a first round grade. But there are guys who could play themselves there with their natural size.

Perryman was short. Grace isn't. He also fits the mold of fast, twitchy LBs who can cover from sideline to sideline. Not to say that I think that he has R1 talent, but his height definitely won't be the issue. Darrion Lee is a guy to look at in this draft when you think of Grace.

I agree with you on Grace, I just do not see the prototypical size of a first rounder. How many Lb's have been drafted in round one at 205 lbs? Thats all I am saying as he is small. At least Perryman was 245, and hit like a truck.

not sure how many firsts but there are arguably 20-30 future pros currently on this roster.

No one on this roster has put up 1st round tape besides Brad. There are a handful of players who have flashed that kind of potential, but it means nothing until you put it on FILM.

That said, 5-6 of our D Line will play pro ball and maybe one or two will sky rocket up draft boards after they play up to their potential. I understand the frustration with Chad and his apparent competing interests between football and music, but let's see what the kid can do with some real coaching and a new football culture surrounding him.

I love corn but I don't think he is a day one pick because of his height and the recent NFL trend favoring tall CBs. Think he goes in round 3 and has a nice NFL career (i.e., signs a legit second contract in the league).

It's also WAY too early to talk about the freshman being 1st rounders. Let's see if any of them get serious burn this season (I think a couple will) and then project them as next level players. Sky is the limit for Shaq IMO.

Advertisement
If Goff, Hakenberg, or the QB from North Dakota state can go in the 1st, so can Kaaya

Last edited:
Kaaya is a nice draft prospect, but projecting next year's 1st Round is a fool's errand. This time last year, people had Hackenberg as a Top 5 pick.

Kaaya has to work on a lot of stuff and put it on tape. It also would be nice to see him grab a game by the throat and take it over, which he has yet to do. I think he will be here for 4 years barring the miraculous.

Assuming everyone breaks out this season now that the shackles of idiotic coaching have been shed:

Thomas will need to put 2 good seasons together, Muhammad will have to get double digit sacks and TFLs this season in order to justify it. Both have the measurables.

If Eric Ebron can go 10th, Njoku could sneak into the back end of Round 1.

Coley will entirely depend on the strength of the wideout class he comes out in. Has all the talent in the world though. Would be nice to see him take a few of those hitches and screens the distance this season and run through some arm tackles.

Grace is the exact type of linebacker teams are falling in love with. Deonne Buchanon in Arizona, Barron in St. Louis, Darron Lee in this draft, etc. Big season and he could fly up draft boards...the old "tweener" label isn't the pejorative it used to be.

Advertisement
Way too early to say. I think we have quite a few potentially but let the season play out.

BUT

If I'll comment on one though. Stacy Coley as long as he stays healthy will be a hot commodity in draft talks next year. This staff will utilize him properly unlike the last.

Little Known Fact: Led the ACC in receiving yards for conference games only, didn't drop a single pass all year. What were the only regular season games he actually played in? FSU onwards. He got hurt first drive against Bethune, sat FAU, played a few snaps vs Nebraska until they realized he wasn't healed up and sat Cincinatti. He really didn't play until we got to Doak Campbell(FSU). I do believe the added muscle will help his durability. Money season coming up...

(Under any real staff, dude would have been declared to the NFL already. He has no business being here another year but you can thank the previous regime for failing him.)

Or you can blame his underweight frame for failing him? He went into shellshock after that Burgess hit.

Dorsett got into the 1st round with the previous staph.

Last edited:
IMO

Kaaya: 1st-2nd

Coley: 1st-3rd

Njoku: 1st-4th

Corn: 2nd-4th

AQM: 1st-4th

Grace: 2nd-5th

I think with a great season or two guys like Chad, Carter, Darling, Jenkins, Norton, Willis, etc. can start being considered as potential top round picks but for now we haven't seen enough

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back