How good can A. Chickillo be this year?

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
Kid has a great motor, seems to have an excellent work ethic and looks to have put on good weight since last year. I thought he was a solid player as a true freshman, who at times was our best DE. I don't see top end explosiveness off the ball, but he seems like a kid that can be a complete DE who is solid to above average against the pass, and stout in run defense.

What are our expectations for Chick in 2012? I feel like he's a kid that's going to ge sacks on hustle alone and if our CB's are better he could get a number of coverage sacks. He also looked nearly unblockable in the spring game and I'm not sure if that's has more to do with how special he has become or how weak our OT are going to be this year.

My prediction is he leads the team in sacks with 10-12 and becomes an All-ACC type of player.

Advertisement
Lulz at great motor....always the good white boys that get that.

He could have a big year if Porter stays healthy.

I can for sure see an ALL-ACC type year. Will be interesting to see how we use him especially with the multiple fronts I expect us to play.

Advertisement

He goes hard every play. A guy like Olivier didn't. Not really a race issue. Spence had a great motor. So does Perryman.

Advertisement
He is one of the best players on this team. He pretty much got by last season on hustle and the very few moves he had.

Now supposedly he has worked relentlessly on developing his hands in engaging, disengaging and getting by OL. So many talented DEs don't place nearly enough of an emphasis on this aspect of their development. Chickillo's apparent relentless work on his hands should really make a difference. Supposedly he has developed at least one counter move to each of his initial moves.

Due to that, plus his experience and increased size. I expect a big year.

Advertisement
We desperately need him to become a disruptive force, I agree that the health of the DTs will play a huge role in his success

Thing is offenses will gameplan for him since he is the better of the rush ends. I could see him having a weak statistic year but not a slump by any means.

Advertisement

He goes hard every play. A guy like Olivier didn't. Not AT ALL a race issue. Spence had a great motor. So does Perryman.
FIFY

Anyone who thinks there's a race issue in saying Chickillo has a great motor is an absolute idiot. It's just true. Ask our OLs about him.

Look for a great year with Chick, he was snubbed from all the pre-season awards and he had the same numbers as Clowney at South Carolina, and Clowney played 14 games to Chicks 12....he has something to prove

He goes hard every play. A guy like Olivier didn't. Not really a race issue. Spence had a great motor. So does Perryman.

Kind of my point, kid is all hustle. Is it ok if I say he hustles?

I think saying he flies around and makes plays would be better.

I think Flying around has been banned from this board, that's corch speak.

Advertisement
Back