Highsmith rumoured to make call to Urban Meyer to see if interested. Manny said not so fast Blake!

Truthfully, the only way to save this program, to make this right as Miami being a National Power(not saying a young up and coming coach cant build something, but to do it before we all die) again would be pay Urban 9 million a year for the next 5. One of his assistants could be HC in waiting cause Meyer wont last.

Will this happen? No, no it wont. But this is how you fix the program. No need for Highsmith if you have Urban.

Advertisement
This seemed like a cheap ploy to promote that link to an article from October.

Zo doesn’t even have the job so how are any calls rumored?

# bring Alonzo HighSmith TO UM

Attachments

• A591EB44-B522-4856-9C1A-C4C0A49C8C93.jpeg
    A591EB44-B522-4856-9C1A-C4C0A49C8C93.jpeg
    743.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 95638E62-4413-4DE3-A9DB-1EFC3131EEB3.jpeg
    95638E62-4413-4DE3-A9DB-1EFC3131EEB3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Advertisement
Does Miami have the talent right now to win NC next year? If no then, then Urban is not coming here. That is his MO. He does not sign on to rebuild teams.

Then why put his name in your title? Click bait? Fake news.
The idea that Urban interest is not new. The article was just to back up the point. Once you hear a name like his people instantly shut it down like you. But you're entitled to your opinion. I'm saying its not far fetch to think we can't get the home run hire if they throw enough cash their way. You should be tired of the projects, I know I am. The only way Miami become relevant is to make the big splash. And I know some might point to Mark Richt but he was washed up and fired from his previous job! He wasn't the what we needed.

Urban Meyer would be an instant threat to college football the minute he set foot in Coral Gables. Guy wouldn't have to work hard to keep these kids here. The man has proven himself wherever he goes. Money talks and Miami need to ante up or we can stay a doormat.

Advertisement
Bring me a winning program. How about that as a goal. BOT grossly underestimates what a top level program brings to a school.

If Meyer wouldnt go to USC, why do you expect him to come here? We have similar programs which both have a rich local talent except USCs Admin wants to win at football.

You may not like Urban Meyer (the man), but you cant argue about Urban Meyer (the coach). Meyer is classless, seemingly lacks morals, and usually leaves a program in a bad situation after bringing that programs to prominence.

Meyer is also one of the best to ever do it. Multiple national championships at two different schools. He made Utah nationally recognized brand. And rebuilt OSU into a team that can actually compete with the BAMAs and Clemsons of cfb, when everyone else thought the Big10 could not keep up with everyone else.

If I'm a TEXAS A&M/Alabama/Clemson/LSU/Ole Miss/etc (meaning I'm at a college that seems to always get away with cheating), Urban would be the first person I'd call. We are Miami, no fu**ing way could we hire a guy like that. They'd give us the death penalty

Advertisement
If Meyer wouldnt go to USC, why do you expect him to come here? We have similar programs which both have a rich local talent except USCs Admin wants to win at football.

You may not like Urban Meyer (the man), but you cant argue about Urban Meyer (the coach). Meyer is classless, seemingly lacks morals, and usually leaves a program in a bad situation after bringing that programs to prominence.

Meyer is also one of the best to ever do it. Multiple national championships at two different schools. He made Utah nationally recognized brand. And rebuilt OSU into a team that can actually compete with the BAMAs and Clemsons of cfb, when everyone else thought the Big10 could not keep up with everyone else.

If I'm a TEXAS A&M/Alabama/Clemson/LSU/Ole Miss/etc (meaning I'm at a college that seems to always get away with cheating), Urban would be the first person I'd call. We are Miami, no fu**ing way could we hire a guy like that. They'd give us the death penalty
Maybe he finally learned his lesson. If not, we stick 2 compliance guys by his side at all times. One on the left and one on the right.

We've only got 4 options (not in any particular order):

A. Throw the kitchen sink at a proven winner like Urban
B. Go after a P5 top OC/DC and take a leap of faith that he can step in and immediately turn our program back to elite
C. Go after a top G5 head coach and also take a leap of faith that he can quickly transition to P5 and turn our program back to elite
D. Hold onto Coach Mandy and add a few new assistants and maybe a fluff support role and hope it pans out

All I know for sure is that D is not the answer.

Advertisement
That was his first article and it was an epic fail. Who the **** says no to Urban ? Also the NCAA doesn’t care about UM anymore we are a below average D1 program
Anyone who cares for their program. Some of you WANT Miami to get the death penalty.

Urban can kick rocks and so can anyone else that wants him here. It would mean the death penalty and quite possibly the end of Miami football given his penchant for running dirty programs and the fact of us being the ncaa's favorite prey. It's a recipe for disaster. NO way you love Miami and want him in The Gables.

Advertisement
Back