Head to Head Against the Big Boys: Texas Edition

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Texas is resurgent under Sark and is throwing that big oil NIL money around to pull in elite recruits. They just have to keep the sauce away from Sark or that oil money could go up in flames

Oil Well Fire GIF

HS Grade
: TBD
Portal Grade: TBD
RecruitCollegeComments
Dia BellTexasMiami focused on Coleman
Raycine Guillory JrTexasVisiting for VTech

HS Grade
: TBD

RecruitCollegeComments
Javion HilsonFSU BamaDefinitely don't want him commmited to your school early in the cycle
Myron CharlesTexas FSUBailed from F$U at the first whiff of a problem
Jaime Ffrench Jr.Texas BamaMiami has consistently been in the top 3 but never led
Kaliq LockettTexasUnclear if Miami was ever a player here
James SimonTexasVisited for Junior day. Pringle was the priority.
Brandon BrownL$U TexasVisited once and interest seemed to fade
Kiotti ArmstrongTAMUMultiple visits, UM was at one point thought to be serious player

HS Grade: TBD
RecruitCollegeComments
Colin SimmonsTexasMiami was in this one late
Jerrick GibsonTexasTexas continues its tradition of raiding Florida for elite RBs
Davon MitchellOklahomaTexas was in the top 5, UM was a finalist.

RecruitCollegeComments
Cedric “CJ” BaxterTexasUM led early, but he was the start of Texas tradition of taking the best RB out of Florida
Payton KirklandTexasUM cooled here and he quickly ended up in the portal

RecruitCollegeComments
Cameron WilliamsTexasCommitted to Mario at Oregon, planned to visit Miami, ended up at UT
Kelvin BanksTexasCommitted to Mario at Oregon, planned to visit Miami, ended up at UT

Potential TX Recruiting Pool

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is our biggest threat in recruiting
WITH 3 FLORIDA KIDS TOTAL IN 3 CLASSES?.

y'all ARE OVERPLAYING IT....

THEY LANDED Ffrench (who we wanted), Charles (who we were ho hum about and an fsu commit) 2 kids not from our recruiting pipeline areas and CJ Baxter. Cj Baxter was negated by us landing Mark Fletcher.

Texas is far down the way as a threat that's why the head to head above looks so dry.

WITH 3 FLORIDA KIDS TOTAL IN 3 CLASSES?.

y'all ARE OVERPLAYING IT....

THEY LANDED Ffrench (who we wanted), Charles (who we were ho hum about and an fsu commit) 2 kids not from our recruiting pipeline areas and CJ Baxter. Cj Baxter was negated by us landing Mark Fletcher.

Texas is far down the way as a threat that's why the head to head above looks so dry.
**** I didn't know we just recruit Florida kids...

Anyways...

**** I didn't know we just recruit Florida kids...

Anyways...
who are the kids that they beat us out for that makes them a threat to our recruiting?.

Considering were not in their state a ton...and we arent in play on alot of the same recruits even nationally i mean @lindend TRACKS this and looking above thats not a huge list of cross recruited kids above.

Advertisement
They're getting some of the top RBs and WRs we've been after, hard. Wingo was one from last year, and their RB who's doing pretty good as a true frosh.

They're getting some of the top RBs and WRs we've been after, hard. Wingo was one from last year, and their RB who's doing pretty good as a true frosh.
which rb is that?. Because if its Jerrick Gibson ..not really. We had 2 rbs committed....
and......kid is literally from Gainesville, FL. lol

Good back that i like think he may have had an official visit here but it never seemed we pushed to tough..considering what we had n who we flipped.

Wingo we were on and he is from s t louis mizz not sure if we ever got a kid fromt here but would of taken him

Advertisement
which rb is that?. Because if its Jerrick Gibson ..not really. We had 2 rbs committed....
and......kid is literally from Gainesville, FL. lol

Good back that i like think he may have had an official visit here but it never seemed we pushed to tough..considering what we had n who we flipped.

Wingo we were on and he is from s t louis mizz not sure if we ever got a kid fromt here but would of taken him
You're definitely more knowledgeable on this than I am so I'll take your word. I did think we were on Gibson pretty hard, or at least wanted him badly. But I guess not. Either way, they do fight us for national recruits quite hard.
Who's the DE from TX we wanted? He's doing pretty good as well.

You're definitely more knowledgeable on this than I am so I'll take your word. I did think we were on Gibson pretty hard, or at least wanted him badly. But I guess not. Either way, they do fight us for national recruits quite hard.
Who's the DE from TX we wanted? He's doing pretty good as well.
I think maybe Early on Gibson...but we took CWH in April and had Kevin Riley higher on the board and he committed in June just like Gibson to us. I dont think we were that hard on Gibson since we didnt circle to him and flipped Lyle from OSU.

Colin Simmons may be the de you are speaking of and we were a threat to them on him i wanted him out of Duncanville which was a long shot but we pushed it hard to the end.

Prior to this year, we battled them for 1-2 recruits per cycle. This cycle, I do see these three with a serious recruitment

But previous cycles we've got

and for future cycles

Yea I THINK WE GONNA CROSS RECRUIT MORE THE NEXT UPCOMING CLASSES.

I THINK they are a threat to win it all this year which will lead to them maybe reaching out to more national areas....that being said they will only do that so much because their donors etc aint gonna allow them to not be heavily Texas on that roster lol

I dont think Dia Bell is all that good or was a priority for us early.

I agree on the other 5 you have listed atl;east we are recruiting and got officials from them....Except Hilson who for whatever seems ho hum in interest to us.

Advertisement
I think maybe Early on Gibson...but we took CWH in April and had Kevin Riley higher on the board and he committed in June just like Gibson to us. I dont think we were that hard on Gibson since we didnt circle to him and flipped Lyle from OSU.

Colin Simmons may be the de you are speaking of and we were a threat to them on him i wanted him out of Duncanville which was a long shot but we pushed it hard to the end.
Yes sir, that's right & who I was thinking of at DE. He was definitely a long shot for us.
Thanks for the reminders. I think Lyle will end up being the better back anyhow.

Advertisement
Yes sir, that's right & who I was thinking of at DE. He was definitely a long shot for us.
Thanks for the reminders. I think Lyle will end up being the better back anyhow.
i coached against Lyle when he was 10 and 11 years old...hes always been a problem. lol
Lyle will be really good, has the feet and suddennness you need for the spot and believe me if he gets in the open he is hard to track down.

SImmons was a longshot but Mario had us in play dude was feeling us a bit but that home state pressure likely pushed it over.

I'd be in favor of returning it, and raiding some Texas prospects...
yea i would like to strategically tag up texas..mainly hit the Dallas area.

We've been playing defense with most of the Texas/Miami recruiting battles being in Florida. Mario was raiding Texas pretty heavily while at Oregon. When the majority of these UT/Miami battles are in TX/LA, IMHO, that's the sign that we're about the hit another level in recruiting.

Advertisement
Back