Has Mario Cristobal overhauled the roster? (OFFENSE)

View as article
Advertisement
We are in "win now" mode, not slowly build mode. That one year rental, if he has the success he seems capable of right away, along with the renewed OL, will help in later recruiting and keeping the 5 star QB recruit later. In today's portal and NIL landscape a 5 star recruit often won't stick around to see if the rest of the team becomes good enough to compete when he's being offered tons of money and no limit transfer to a team that is already established.

Until there is no such thing as “win now mode” and there is just winning, we aren’t doing it right…

Chaney? DMoney, what is this slander?
If you don’t think he was disappointing, then your orange and green goggles are on too tight. He showed flashes sure but he was never any better than average at best.

When you get a borderline 5* RB out of high school you expect more than average out of them.

I never saw it with Chaney didn't get the hype at all I liked Roosters tape more.
Yea Rooster had the better tape, but when they got here they weren't elite IMO but for sure Rooster was better. Finally got into Deerfield that felt like it took ages to get one of their elite players. I like the way we recruit/target RBs now over those times for sure.

Advertisement
Yea Rooster had the better tape, but when they got here they weren't elite IMO but for sure Rooster was better. Finally got into Deerfield that felt like it took ages to get one of their elite players. I like the way we recruit/target RBs now over those times for sure.
I was watching some 2017/18 games yesterday I'd take a Deejay Dallas, Homer, or Walton tho them boys was actually **** good. Waltons last year he came out Ballin he would have had a crazy year if he didn't get hurt

I was watching some 2017/18 games yesterday I'd take a Deejay Dallas, Homer, or Walton tho them boys was actually **** good. Waltons last year he came out Ballin he would have had a crazy year if he didn't get hurt
Homer probably performed the best in the NFL out of them all, dude made some plays for Seattle. We need to send a stud at RB into the league badly. Homer with last seasons OL would of done damage.

Homer probably performed the best in the NFL out of them all, dude made some plays for Seattle. We need to send a stud at RB into the league badly. Homer with last seasons OL would of done damage.
Facts! Who u liking this cycle at RB? I really like Pringle good pick up who u want as the second back?

Advertisement
Walton started out that one year on fuego. I thought he was going to be a superstar. But he lost a lot of momentum as the season wore on. Super talented kid that couldn't maintain focus. Deejay always found a way to get a few yards. He was kind of a Restrepo type to me, maybe not as much of a workout warrior but a ton of heart. Loved what he brought to the team.

I think Chaney's injuries prevented him from ever getting going. You can't judge his eval and recruitment based on what he did for us as a Cane. And I still wish he were on the team. Rooster coughed up the football and wiffed on blocks too often. I hated when he was in the game because it was the Texas Two Step. Talented, just not disciplined. Also injury prone and not a guy you want pounding the rock.

I think people have incorrectly compared Mario to other coaches. Mario is NOT an OC or DC. So, when people say he got "outcoached" with X's and O's, it's false.

Mario is a position coach and the head coach. His game days should be: keeping his team motivated, calling timeouts appropriately, and making decisions on 4th down. I think he may have had his hands on the offense last year handicapping Dawson.

Mario is much like Saban. I'm not comparing wins and championships. I'm comparing the program building and the CEO aspect. With most of Saban's teams, the war was won before the battle had even taken place because of he superior weapons he had and the tactical planning his coaches did prior to the games.

For example, to compare Kiffen to Mario doesn't make any sense. Kiffin is an OC. Same as Sarkisian at Texas. Mario is not has never been an OC or DC. Mario is a superior program builder and recruiter. Like a Saban. organizing the best talent and coaches is what he does best.

Advertisement
Back