Has Mario Cristobal overhauled the roster? (OFFENSE)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Miami didn’t sign Mario Cristobal because he was an Xs and Os wizard. He was brought in to build a winner through culture-building and talent acquisition. The jury is still out on the first part. While I think some fans overlook his on-field success at Oregon (73% winning percentage), the reality is he has a 12-13 record in the Orange and Green.

So what's the best hope for that number changing? Roster overhaul. Let’s take a look at how the roster stands in Year 3, as compared...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
D$ and Pete just keep cranking out content. 5 STAR SOURCE right here for ALL THINGS CANES!!!

Advertisement
Recruiting an elite player >> buying one in the open market for a one year rental (QB 👀). I'm pumping the brakes on glorifying Mario's improvement of the QB room.
Are you saying that the current QB room has not improved since Mario took over as HC?

If Cam Ward was the starter and I'm listed as QB2, it would still be an improvement over what Mario had when he agreed to terms.

Recruiting an elite player >> buying one in the open market for a one year rental (QB 👀). I'm pumping the brakes on glorifying Mario's improvement of the QB room.
Mario landed is landing the ELITE hogmollys up front which is the hardest position to land consistently in high school recruiting. The skill positions are by the dozens and he's also landing those.. If this year goes as planned the elite HS Qb's see this front surrounded by elite skill positions.. HAH! Mario and company are going to have every 5 star QB knocking on the door. You are "pumping the breaks" on his ability to land the BEST transfer QB in the portal and doubt his crootin prowess LMAO.... Give me a fckin break mane!

Talent acquisition is a definite home run, but determining issues will be building proper culture and on-field performance. The latter will be huge for all coaching staffs in the portal and mercenary player era.

Advertisement

That’s 20th century thinking. You are buying either way. Think of how much a top HS QB gets for NIL now- could be several million and you don’t know how he’s going to do against college competition. Look at Tate Martell. Dude was the #2 dual threat QB out of HS and #5 QB overall. It’s a much better investment to pay for a portal QB who you can say for sure is capable at playing D1 football and then supplement with a top QB from a FCS with several years of eligibility. With the latter you likely aren’t paying much and you are getting a player that has usually had some college level coaching and good film for evaluation. If an elite HS QB isn’t asking for the moon, then sure, go ahead and get him. But I would not pay a kings ransom for an unproven player.

Advertisement
That’s 20th century thinking. You are buying either way. Think of how much a top HS QB gets for NIL now- could be several million and you don’t know how he’s going to do against college competition. Look at Tate Martell. Dude was the #2 dual threat QB out of HS and #5 QB overall. It’s a much better investment to pay for a portal QB who you can say for sure is capable at playing D1 football and then supplement with a top QB from a FCS with several years of eligibility. With the latter you likely aren’t paying much and you are getting a player that has usually had some college level coaching and good film for evaluation. If an elite HS QB isn’t asking for the moon, then sure, go ahead and get him. But I would not pay a kings ransom for an unproven player.
It’s more like 18th century thinking

These players still need ******* recruited you don’t just go buy them off the rack for ***** sake

Advertisement
Mario landed is landing the ELITE hogmollys up front which is the hardest position to land consistently in high school recruiting. The skill positions are by the dozens and he's also landing those.. If this year goes as planned the elite HS Qb's see this front surrounded by elite skill positions.. HAH! Mario and company are going to have every 5 star QB knocking on the door. You are "pumping the breaks" on his ability to land the BEST transfer QB in the portal and doubt his crootin prowess LMAO.... Give me a fckin break mane!
It's meng, meng.

@rsa coral gables

We are in "win now" mode, not slowly build mode. That one year rental, if he has the success he seems capable of right away, along with the renewed OL, will help in later recruiting and keeping the 5 star QB recruit later. In today's portal and NIL landscape a 5 star recruit often won't stick around to see if the rest of the team becomes good enough to compete when he's being offered tons of money and no limit transfer to a team that is already established.

Advertisement
Back