Gus Edwards

Go home, weirdo
Good for about 200th in the league . Good for him making that kind of money with little production.

Funny you bring up money to fuel your argument that Duke Johnson has been a good NFL RB.

Players are over paid all the time doesn’t make them good.

Advertisement
Good for about 200th in the league . Good for him making that kind of money with little production.

Funny you bring up money to fuel your argument that Duke Johnson has been a good NFL RB.

I’d be so happy for you to tell me how much I sucked as you followed me into the bank.

Ninjas is sooooooo mad they were wrong about Gus. Need to let that hurt go...

I always liked him so its no biggie for me...and he reps MIAMI. I never see a fan base so entitled and ready to sh*t on ther own like osme of ours.

Gus in particular triggers people on this board. Dudes get SALTY

Advertisement
Obligatory
denzel-perryman-levels-teammate-AGAIN.gif

I was hoping someone would dig up this gem. You never disappoint.

Gus was so soft when he was here.

NFL RB's drafted since 2010 that have more receiving yards than Duke Johnson:

Le'Veon Bell
James White

That's it. That's your whole list. Not bad for someone you say is no good.

Miller has actually been productive . Gus has played 2 years 2 fcking years. Come talk to me when he has been in the league longer.

You forgot Ryan Fitzpatrick he even has more rushing TD’s. Gus is a very average back who is the 3rd best rusher on his team. Stop blowing him it’s pathetic.
So again - Barber (6 TD's), Ballage (3 TD's), Gus (2 TD's) - how do you rank them?

You hate Gus and that's fine......But remember when he put up 115 yds on the Bengals as a rookie and you said he isn't sh*t because the Bengals were a terrible defense and Gus had only run for 179 yds so far? Remember?

Remember how Gus ran for 539 yds & 5.3 ypc over the next 6 games that season after you said that?
Remember how Gus has run for 1,250 yds & 5.3 ypc since you said that?

And you're still sticking to the same tired "that doesn't mean sh*t line". You've just changed from, "it was only one game!" to "it's only been 2 years!". Which is actually pretty funny. I'm a big fan of that one.

You can say his TD totals are low (I agree) and he's the "3rd leading rusher" on his team without mentioning how Lamar Jackson kind of skews that.

But here's some Gus facts:

2018 - Gus lead a playoff team in rushing and out-rushed Lamar Jackson on less attempts
2019 - Gus ran for more yards than 6 teams leading rusher. Gus ran for more than every NFL teams 2nd leading rusher. All 31 teams. Think about that.

Duke is good, he's also been in the league for a long time ( more a back)

Advertisement
NFL RB's drafted since 2010 that have more receiving yards than Duke Johnson:

Le'Veon Bell
James White

That's it. That's your whole list. Not bad for someone you say is no good.

Nobody talking abut Duke he got run out of town by a suspended Kareem hunt. That’s why Duke asked for the trade.

But once again this thread is about the average Gus not all the below average guys that outscored him.

Nobody talking abut Duke he got run out of town by a suspended Kareem hunt. That’s why Duke asked for the trade.

But once again this thread is about the average Gus not all the below average guys that outscored him.
This thread has quickly become about your below average takes.

But I'm confused here - If you say this thread should be about "Gus and the below average guys that outscored him", and not Duke.....

Then why are you responding to posts about Duke, but not posts specifically asking you questions about "Gus and the below average guys that outscored him"?

This thread has quickly become about your below average takes.

But I'm confused here - If you say this thread should be about "Gus and the below average guys that outscored him", and not Duke.....

Then why are you responding to posts about Duke, but not posts specifically asking you questions about "Gus and the below average guys that outscored him"?

Maybe just maybe if I say it enough you will shut the fck up about other RB’s but probably not. Can’t wait to bump this thread.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe just maybe if I say it enough you will shut the fck up about other RB’s but probably not. Can’t wait to bump this thread.
If you don't think Duke Johnson is any good, then you're definitely never going to think Gus is. So what would be the point of a bump?

You don't like Gus and never will no matter what he does, you've made that clear. And that's fine, everyone has their own opinions. But you don't have to like him to acknowledge he's been a productive NFL player so far.

Bottom line is this:

Statistically, Gus has been one of the better #2 RB's in the NFL the last 2 years.
He's averaged 96 yds rushing per game in the 7 games he's started. That's pretty **** good.
In his 2018 draft class the only RB's with more yards than Gus are - Saquon Barkley, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Phillip Lindsay. No shame in being #5 on that list behind those guys.
He may get squeezed out of carries this year with the Ravens adding JK Dobbins, but he'll definitely get a 2nd contract somewhere next year.

At the very least, you have to give Gus credit for doing WAY more in the NFL than anyone, even his biggest fans, thought he would.

He averaged around 5 yards a carry at UM, since there are a lot of scat backs in the area fans love them but they rarely succeed here. Over the last 5-10 years we’ve had 2 guys who got actual caries that weren’t what I’d consider a “scat back” Gus Edwards and Mike James. I’d consider those 2 the best after Duke but that’s just my opinion. And it’s really hard to argue Joe Yearby is a better back than Gus. And might I add if you put Gus as the lead back when we lost those games by 1TD to FSU back to back years we win those games with ease.

Again, the marketplace has already proven me wrong. Gus made a roster in the league and has shown some production. I continue to maintain my position that he was simply not a good RB while at UM. He was the softest dude of his size Ive ever seen, and Ive been a die hard CFB fan for going on 40 years now. All of his numbers at UM came from playing the bottom 1/3rd of the schedule.

The injury set him back. He also was never featured so that he could get a lot of reps and develop. We had good talent at the position anyway without any drop off between the top 3 backs we had. It was a classic case of locals being favored over outsiders (which is what we should do considering how bad we are at recruiting in our backyard).

Again, the marketplace has already proven me wrong. Gus made a roster in the league and has shown some production. I continue to maintain my position that he was simply not a good RB while at UM. He was the softest dude of his size Ive ever seen, and Ive been a die hard CFB fan for going on 40 years now. All of his numbers at UM came from playing the bottom 1/3rd of the schedule.
You never had the pleasure of watching Kalen Ballage run then. Ballage is confusingly soft.

I know we've discussed this before - but the "all his numbers came against the worst teams" is the exact way to describe Mark Walton - to a tee.

In reality, when you break down Gus/Walton/Yearby - their numbers show all 3 put up numbers on bad teams, and not very good vs. good teams. Each had their own running style, but there was never much separating their production.

Advertisement
Back