Gus Edwards

Obligator
Who's doing that? This shows the ridiculousness I'm talking about with Gus.

If Walton put up the same numbers as Gus, there would be a thread 40 pages deep gushing over him.

Gus runs for 500 yards more than either Lamar Miller or Duke Johnson did their first 2 years in the NFL, and dudes get upset at a 5 page thread where people still have a hard time even calling him a "good" player.

I'll never understand the hate for Gus, other than so many people are still salty they were so wrong about him.

Who’s running for 700 yards? 27 other guys last year. Dude is the third best rusher on his own team get off his nuts.

Advertisement
Who’s running for 700 yards? 27 other guys last year. Dude is the third best rusher on his own team get off his nuts.

In both years Gus has been a Top 30 rusher in the NFL, had 700+ yds, and averaged 5.0 ypc. 4 RB's in NFL history have done that.

Any way you look at it - that's a great start to the career of a UFA no one expected anything out of.

Who's on his nuts? His biggest compliments in this thread are "He's better than I thought. He should've played more at Miami". And you can't handle that?

Because he finished 3rd in rushing behind the NFL MVP and a 3 time Pro-Bowler, a small amount of praise for Gus puts you on tilt?

Relax bud. Your hate makes no sense.

In both years Gus has been a Top 30 rusher in the NFL, had 700+ yds, and averaged 5.0 ypc. 4 RB's in NFL history have done that.

Any way you look at it - that's a great start to the career of a UFA no one expected anything out of.

Who's on his nuts? His biggest compliments in this thread are "He's better than I thought. He should've played more at Miami". And you can't handle that?

Because he finished 3rd in rushing behind the NFL MVP and a 3 time Pro-Bowler, a small amount of praise for Gus puts you on tilt?

4 TD’s in 2 years that’s pitiful.

Who's doing that? This shows the ridiculousness I'm talking about with Gus.

If Walton put up the same numbers as Gus, there would be a thread 40 pages deep gushing over him.

Gus runs for 500 yards more than either Lamar Miller or Duke Johnson did their first 2 years in the NFL, and dudes get upset at a 5 page thread where people still have a hard time even calling him a "good" player.

I'll never understand the hate for Gus, other than so many people are still salty they were so wrong about him.

Ninjas is sooooooo mad they were wrong about Gus. Need to let that hurt go...

I always liked him so its no biggie for me...and he reps MIAMI. I never see a fan base so entitled and ready to sh*t on ther own like osme of ours.

Advertisement
This was such a ridiculous narrative then, just as it is now. Not a soul who knows football would ever say useless **** like this. Can you get the job done or not? Eddie George ran straight up and down all the way to radio city music hall to pick up a **** Heisman trophy. Such a regurgitated, nonsense take.

Yeah thats it. Gus runs just like Eddie George. Says nobody ever. And if you think Eddie George runs the ball like Gus Edward's. Then I don't know what to tell ya. Just when you think you've seen it all on CIS. Some crack pot tries to compare Gus Edward's running style to Eddie George's.Talk about a ridiculous take.

Go Canes!!!!!!

Hey guys I just wanted to chime in and say thank you for resurfacing an old thread I created back in the day. It means a lot and it really makes me feel like a welcomed contributor.

Advertisement
Pretty sure this thread isn’t about Duke and Lamar.
You're still coming here to bag on a kid 24 hours later who chose to come to school here over several other options, played as hard as he could when given limited opportunities, graduated from Miami, transferred for a bigger role and STILL REPPING MIAMI WHILE IN NEW JERSEY AT A DIFFERENT SCHOOL, and who has carved out a nice role on a good team making a fantastic living playing professional football. Never got in trouble, never opened his mouth, never complained, and he's getting paid handsomely do what he loves, all while rocking Canes gear at every opportunity. And yet you continue to run to a thread where no one spoke to you just to tell us all how bad he sucks.

Worst fanbase in humankind history. Just simply not even close.

Pretty sure this thread isn’t about Duke and Lamar.
I'm using the 2 best Canes RB's in the last 15 years as a comparison to Gus - so I think that's a relevant comparison.

And You're avoiding the question.

If Gus scoring 4 TD's is pitiful, what do you think Lamar & Duke scoring 3 TD's is?

Advertisement
I'm using the 2 best Canes RB's in the last 15 years as a comparison to Gus - so I think that's a relevant comparison.

And You're avoiding the question.

If Gus scoring 4 TD's is pitiful, what do you think Lamar & Duke scoring 3 TD's is?
Duke isn’t good and Lamar played for the dolphins.

Let’s not just bring up Canes I mean let’s look at the 70 guys who had more TD’s then Gus last year.

Let’s not just bring up Canes I mean let’s look at the 70 guys who had more TD’s then Gus last year.
So if I have this right:

Gus = Pitiful
Duke = No Good
Miller = ??? (What would you call Miller? He scored 2 TD's starting 15 games for an 8-8 Dolphins team his 2nd year - so what would you call that?)

So how important are TD's to you? Like, how would you rank these RB's is best to worst?

Peyton Barber - 470 yds - 3.1 ypc - 6TD's
Kalen Ballage - 135 yds - 1.8 ypc - 3TD's
Gus Edwards - 711 yds - 5.3 ypc - 2 TD's (Gus had the 2nd best YPC of the Top 50 RB's last year. I do agree 2 TD's isn't much)

You can hate on Gus and that's fine. I think saying Gus is pitiful and Duke isn't good is a bit much - but we just disagree.

But you keep bringing up Gus's stats to justify your position, so I'm actually really interested in your thought process here.

Last edited:
So if I have this right:

Gus = Pitiful
Duke = No Good
Miller = ??? (What would you call Miller? He scored 2 TD's starting 15 games for an 8-8 Dolphins team his 2nd year - so what would you call that?)

So how important are TD's to you? Like, how would you rank these RB's is best to worst?

Peyton Barber - 470 yds - 3.1 ypc - 6TD's
Kalen Ballage - 135 yds - 1.8 ypc - 3TD's
Gus Edwards - 711 yds - 5.3 ypc - 2 TD's (Gus had the 2nd best YPC of the Top 50 RB's last year. I do agree 2 TD's isn't much)

You can hate on Gus and that's fine. I think saying Gus is pitiful and Duke isn't good is a bit much - but we just disagree.

But you keep bringing up Gus's stats to justify your position, so I'm actually really interested in your thought process here.
Miller has actually been productive . Gus has played 2 years 2 fcking years. Come talk to me when he has been in the league longer.

You forgot Ryan Fitzpatrick he even has more rushing TD’s. Gus is a very average back who is the 3rd best rusher on his team. Stop blowing him it’s pathetic.

Advertisement
I am sure this has been pointed out, but Gus waited his turn. When it came, he broke his foot. He may have run for 1,000 yards that year and we'd have a different view. He showed flashes here, and he would have been a lot more popular with this board if he was from Florida.

considering the dolphins are a better organization than the browns...still trying to figure out your reasoning...Duke isnt good blah blah...just hold your L and go brah

considering the dolphins are a better organization than the browns...still trying to figure out your reasoning...Duke isnt good blah blah...just hold your L and go brah

How about Houston are they better then the dolphins? Duke hasn’t had a good career do you dispute that?

Advertisement
Back