Guess the '24 Portal Transfers

Advertisement
Three schools in three semesters would be impressive work from Stanyek!

Feels like they gave up on Caruso at some point.
There’s always that surprise name too. With NIL being dangled, you never know.

I will make it easy. Who do we want back?
Cuvet
Cyr
Dorian -not going anywhere
Torres 50/50
Kulikowski 50/50
That's it for the returning players.
I'm guessing we will be very active in the transfer portal and getting freshmen to come in the fall.

Pitchers:
Walters
Herick 50/50
Vargas
Robert
Caba
Rafe
Crowther
Diaz 50/50
That's it....Need three starters from our freshmen and numerous portal guys.

Advertisement
Pitchers:
Walters
Herick 50/50
Vargas
Robert
Caba
Rafe
Crowther
Diaz 50/50
That's it....Need three starters from our freshmen and numerous portal guys.
With Gage gone, we will need three weekend starters.
Herick and Schlesinger have to go to the bullpen, or move on....

You beat me to this response. I was laughing to hard. Can not believe some people don’t understand what a ceiling is. Big league clubs are salivating over getting him in thier system. You don’t think they know that Miami is terrible at developing arms?
Indeed. He’ll get his chance as lefty that throws mid-90’s, even though his numbers were dumpster juice this season. .338 BAA is basically the other team hitting BP.

Advertisement
They will tinker with his breaking stuff and he has a chance to be pretty good.

I don’t know if our staff can do it as I never see a lot of kids improve pitch design. Ziehl is one of the few who has…he tunnels pitches well on top of it. He’s throwing a cutter that mixed with his slider is tough

Rafe needs something sharper/harder. His breaking stuff at times seems to just hang. He gets around it to much…same with Herickbut he’s still learning fo be a pitcher and not a thrower. He should be throwing mid week innings.

Interesting read on Rafe.

Sounds like he needs a real pitching corch. Rosario was gasoline and they took him in the 5th. Limited and just A ball but numbers are good to start out his pro career.

Advertisement
5 HRS and 0 Triples is BP? In The ACC in 12 starts? Seems to me like he’s not getting barreled up to much and someone should maybe make some adjustments? Just sayin, you guys are the ones that beat up on the coaching staff! 70 singles should not happen. But the important people know this
Using your logic, Ziehl is the worst pitcher on the team as he has given up the most triples and second most home runs. You do know triples are extremely rare, right? In what alternate universe has Rafe pitched well this season? A 5.68 ERA, a 1.69 WHIP and a 3.38 BAA is good only in coach pitch. What “adjustments” need to be made and more importantly, when as the regular season is almost over?

Advertisement
I stood almost alone of the Rosario is a stud who isn’t being developed hill. It’s a small sample and we know mentally he prob still has work. But check out his start

https://www.milb.com/player/alejandro-rosario-691730

It’s not really looking like it’s because of a small sample size at all. Looks like the Rangers are actually developing him. Only 3 walks in 16 innings. The Rangers look like they did the right thing by keeping him out of any game action last year after the draft and also the first few weeks of the season this year.

Advertisement
Back