Golden Al on the Radio this AM- Anyone Catch It?

"I played four positions in college, I went to PSU as a linebacker, got moved to D-end, played a little D-tackle and ultimately played TE. I didn't really start playing till my third year, I spent two years on the scout team...did it proudly, worked my tail off, earned my stripes, ultimately became a captain and then had a chance to play in the NFL. To me, that was maximizing my god given ability."

This was really impressive to me. Im sure he has delivered this message to the kids in that locker room a few times. Helps get rid of the me first attitudes/egos. Props to Golden Al

Advertisement

Wheeler looked good last year and he should get tons of playing time this year as a primary backup. Good to see he stuck with it.

Either that, or whoever transcribed the quotes misheard what The Don said.

Could be, of course. Nothing you don't already know but as everyone was (for good reason) wrapped up in our big name OL, Wheeler quietly emerged as a **** good rotational guy last year. He looks ****ing huge this year too.
You´re right, JHall.

Wheeler was impressive in some runs last year coming off the bench.

Can´t say too much about pass protection, but he was killing people at 2nd and 3rd level... Some Feliciano´s like run block.

Wanna go to bed tonight and wake up next Friday. I CANNOT WAIT for this season.
:stormwarning:

Wheeler looked good last year and he should get tons of playing time this year as a primary backup. Good to see he stuck with it.

Either that, or whoever transcribed the quotes misheard what The Don said.

a good leader recognizes all his players, that are putting in work. if you think about it the kid has put in his work, I have not heard Al mentioned him all summer. Jared has been in the rotation at least last year, if not the year before.

Al continues to show why he will bring us back!!

As much as we are all pulling for this team and living and breathing with every play, noone wants these kids to win more than Al ****in Golden.

You can just feel it when he speaks.
Well said jhall. I couldn't agree more. He has been such a blessing to this program. Hard for me to deal with the Golden bashers or non believers. 8 more days brother!!

Advertisement
"I played four positions in college, I went to PSU as a linebacker, got moved to D-end, played a little D-tackle and ultimately played TE. I didn't really start playing till my third year, I spent two years on the scout team...did it proudly, worked my tail off, earned my stripes, ultimately became a captain and then had a chance to play in the NFL. To me, that was maximizing my god given ability."

This was really impressive to me. Im sure he has delivered this message to the kids in that locker room a few times. Helps get rid of the me first attitudes/egos. Props to Golden Al

Remember how disappointed he sounded in talking about when Vernon Davis decided to transfer last year in camp before even really competing?

This was everything he wasn't as a player and coach. And it was this type of mentality he's had to fight since getting to UM

Just listening to him, I get the sense Golden thinks this is finally getting turned around

BTW, tell me this doesn't just sound like a guy who's gonna be here for awhile?( which to me, is fantastic)

Last edited:
Thanks for the recap... Like hearing "negligible" and sanctions in the same sentence. MOAR please

Couple quotes from his recent interviews.
"when i brought camp to an end on Tuesday, I did so because it was so violent on Tuesday and Monday, and yet we had nobody in a red or yellow jersey"

"Kid's know we've already paid a severe penalty and the likelihood of them being effected by sanctions is negligible at best"

"it's different now, the student-athletes we've brought in, some are juniors this year, have been denied a bowl game and a chance to play in the conference championship game. That part is behind us, and soon, this cloud of uncertainty they've been operating under will soon be gone."

"We've been fighting our tails off thru the most adverse conditions you can have in college football. Let's face it, two years ago, we were on the front page of sports illustrated, and it wasn't because we were holding a national championship trophy...it was because they wanted us to drop the program, now you recruit thru that."

"I'm going to keep it clean here, but if you want me to get fired up, I'll get fired up because these young men that have come to our program during this tumultuous time, have done so because they love the U, they're fighting for it and want to get it back."

"This is the first time we've had a third team"

"closure is eminent, but please don't ask me about the closure"

"We're nowhere near done and we're just getting started, the recruiting is going better now, obviously there's energy around the program, we've got everything going in the right direction"

"FAU is going to be coming in here flying around and it's going to be one of those first games, where you'll be seeing things they've worked on in the spring and summer that we didn't prepare for and we better be ready to go"

"Wheeler, Dorsett, Muhammad & Kamalu are difference makers and Alex Figueroa brings intensity/strength and clearly dismisses a star system in recruiting."

Advertisement
Advertisement
"when i brought camp to an end on Tuesday, I did so because it was so violent on Tuesday and Monday, and yet we had nobody in a red or yellow jersey"

Sound familiar?

[video=youtube;FDRGXdSSC3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDRGXdSSC3o[/video]

FSU will score on their opening drive

Defense is a train wreck

This message brought to you by the porster who promised our WRs would be flagged for punching opposing DBs last season because they were told to do it in practice. We were warned it would lead to a personal foul and 15 yards at the least opportune time. Yah.

That didn't happen, either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back