FSU RB Rodney Hill Transfers to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Allen is the least percentage to transfer he has used his transfer already and hasnt graduated i expect him to be in the mix again next szn.

PPl never mentioned he had 5 rushing tds this year and a 5ypc
There is no transfer limit anymore

Advertisement
Hamburger
Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Advertisement
That’s not true. There’s an injunction that allows guys to transfer right now. The actual rule has not changed.

True, thanks for the distinction.

The removal of the injunction won’t be retroactive, which means kids that have moved around during this period would be allowed to stay.

The removal of the injunction won’t be retroactive, which means kids that have moved around during this period would be allowed to stay.
They’ll be able to stay but it’s not guaranteed that they’ll be eligible to play this year.

Advertisement
They’ll be able to stay but it’s not guaranteed that they’ll be eligible to play this year.

They will be able to play because if they aren't, the players can go right back to that federal judge and he will order the NCAA to let them play immediately. I highly doubt the NCAA is going to try to **** off the judge that just issued the injunction on the one time transfer rule.

I think we're getting close to the point where courts are going to say that athletes should be able to transfer anywhere at anytime and play immediately. My hope is that when that order comes down, the rule will apply only to public universities since they are taxpayer funded. It would certainly level the playing field for private schools if the public schools have to deal with massive roster turnover all season long.

The only way I think the schools can avoid it is to officially make student athletes "employees", and they could then use narrow non-compete agreements, which are permitted by law. Could say that they can transfer at will, but not to a school within a certain distance or within the same conference for 2-3 years. I think that might work. But of course that means they are employees and have to get all benefits of employees. And I expect players would unionize at that point as well.

It sucks that this is the way things are heading, but the ncaa's greed brought this disaster upon itself. It thought it could exploit student athletes indefinitely and ignored all the chances it had to reform decades ago because it was making billions off the "amateur" players.

Last edited:
If he's a PWO, great take. Hope it works out well for Us and this young man. Work hard and earn that scholy! Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
They will be able to play because if they aren't, the players can go right back to that federal judge and he will order the NCAA to let them play immediately. I highly doubt the NCAA is going to try to **** off the judge that just issued the injunction on the one time transfer rule.
If the injunction is lifted then it’s definitely not guaranteed that the players will be able to play. Or else this **** would even be wilder right now with kids who have already used their one time transfer.

If the injunction is lifted then it’s definitely not guaranteed that the players will be able to play. Or else this **** would even be wilder right now with kids who have already used their one time transfer.

“Multi-time transfers in football and other fall sports who transfer before the end of the 2023-24 academic calendar will be immediately eligible to participate in 2024-25, the NCAA clarified this week in guidance sent out to schools.“

“Multi-time transfers in football and other fall sports who transfer before the end of the 2023-24 academic calendar will be immediately eligible to participate in 2024-25, the NCAA clarified this week in guidance sent out to schools.“
Yea that’s right now because there’s the TRO. The guidance has been that it could change after the TRO ends at the end of the period. Spring sports won’t be punished, but unclear what it’ll look like for football in the fall. Or else like I said, the portal would’ve been even crazier.

Yea that’s right now because there’s the TRO. The guidance has been that it could change after the TRO ends at the end of the period. Spring sports won’t be punished, but unclear what it’ll look like for football in the fall. Or else like I said, the portal would’ve been even crazier.

The NCAA stated that anyone who transfers while the injunction is in effect is immediately eligible for fall sports. That includes football. Are you saying you think the NCAA is going to say, "oh wait, we changed our minds"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back