From Barry Jackson article

Advertisement
See I don’t think the RB’s nor the WR’s were utilized in the fashion they should’ve been to highlight and showcase their talents. I get the dig on the OL and QB positions. Oh well I hope Manny posts this up where all can see and read it, so that it can serve as a reminder and motivation for the entire team.
Thoughts exactly.

Agreed...but to a point.

The best mechanic can only get so much hp out of a 4 cylinder engine.

With that said, EVERYTHING on O starts with the OL.

IF OL play can somehow improve ( I've been the skeptic who says the athletes just aten't there), then yes, all other O positions metrics will improve along with them with no actual gain in their skill sets.

Now, if the new O staff can magically teach and inspire gains across the O? Watch out Coastal in 2019 and Clemson is going to hear footsteps in 2020.

Go Canes.
50/50 here. Online a lot more talented than the naked. They’re weren’t DISCIPLINED.

Talent wise and e are a v8 engine. But it doesn’t mean **** if you only drive in the slow lane.

I thought Scaife did a fine job at RT once he got in there. He’s athletic with long arms, good pass protector.

IMO, the LSU game as the opener really hurt the competition. It put pressure on Richt to play older guys like Jahair Jones and Rosier.
I don't think one loss should have "put pressure" on Richt to play the older guys. Just because they're older, doesn't mean they're better, or more prepared. In this case they were more prepared than the younger kids, but that's more of an indictment on the coaching staff, than it is of the kids themselves.

Coaches not prepared, equals kids not prepared.

Advertisement
(Quote from NFL exceutive about the Canes last year)

"They have poor to marginal quarterback play, average running backs and receivers, poor offensive line. Nowhere on offense were they above average. Not nearly as athletic as they been have in the past. Their speed has really [diminished]. I’ve never seen quarterback play worse at that program. There’s something wrong with their evaluation of offensive linemen. "
Even doe dat exactly what I been saying, I swear I am not the NFL executive who was quoted.

Advertisement
I dont agree with the part about our RBs/WRs. They weren't put in position to showcase their talent. Our WRs made some pretty spectacular adjustments to poorly thrown balls. Brevin, as a freshman, held his own last year. Lo and Cam are special talents that barely played cause DJ and Homer ran extremely well behind a horrible OL.

We need coaching!

Not sure why people are defending the WRs last season. After Jeff Thomas left, the WR play was completely abysmal. They share a larger part of the QB completion percentage issue than many here are leading on.

QB play was pretty much garbage for a majority of the season. Outside of Jeff Thomas, who was underused and quit the team, most of the receivers in the rotation were stiffs who dropped waaay too many passes. Nobody explosive making plays at all. Our two main running backs were solid but neither Homer nor Dallas scream "star running back" to me. They're both #2 type players. The offensive line was pathetic but here's the issue. Our lines have been generally pretty bad for a while yet guys still end up playing in the NFL. We're getting individual talent on the line (certainly above average talent) but for whatever reason, be it scheme, coaching, development, the lines have looked bad. I think a lot of our issues with the line and even with the quarterbacks were due to a predictable offense. When the color commentator on TV is telling you what play they're going to run before they even snap the ball, you know the opposing team knows too. It's impossible to be successful on offense if your opponent knows what you're going to do. I mean these guys are star linemen in high school, they come to Miami and look horrible and then somehow they become good enough to play on NFL teams after they leave here.

Advertisement
When the defense plays defense like they were in your huddle of course you're gonna look slow.

When arguably your best WR only plays one game due to a career ending injury of course you're gonna look slower.

When your fastest WR quits towards the end of the season of course you're gonna look slow.

When you throw passes meant for fast guys to possession receivers of course you're gonna look slow.

"They have poor to marginal quarterback play, average running backs and receivers, poor offensive line. Nowhere on offense were they above average. Not nearly as athletic as they been have in the past. Their speed has really [diminished]. I’ve never seen quarterback play worse at that program. There’s something wrong with their evaluation of offensive linemen. "
This confirms it. Mark Richt's offense was trash.

Advertisement

The Richt Effect babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Who needs explosion when all we had to do was execution; and who needs execution when it’s Paradise boys?!

In the words of the young red hair Wildling from Game of Thrones; “You know nothing NFL Execs.”

I mean Travis Homer is going to be drafted and has some of the best Burst of any RB in the draft. Ahmmon Richards could have been a 1st round pick and was definitely athletic enough, but he suffered a career ending neck injury. Saying Jeff Thomas isn't athletic is ridiculous, dude is legit af. And at TE, Brevin Jordan was easily the best Freshman TE in the country.

QB and OLine though, yeah, not much to argue with there.

Advertisement
Back