Football facility is official

$100m is insane. 5 years ago, we were so broke that Mark Richt had to donate 1 million of his own money to get the IPF. This program will be completely different if, god forbid, Ruiz stops bankrolling everything.
Why does everyone believe that Ruiz is paying for EVERYTHING? We have a lot of donors chipping in, some of whom are wealthier than Ruiz. They just don't flap their gums. This isn't a one man show.

Advertisement
i haven't been a huge fan of the aesthetic of some of the newer buildings on campus, but this looks very sleek.
I agree, the newest dorms by Pavia Garage aren't my favorite but I think they're going for a functional art vibe.. Seems like they're concentrating on pedestrian flow with enclaves and open spaces to gather, live and socialize.

They just need to upgrade the landscaping. For this new football facility, the façade with the interlocking Cs that form a hurricane should be in chrome to reflect the campus and they should emboss the panels with booster names for a donation, IMHO.

Last edited:
Amazing facility! Really amazing news for the program.

Threads like these make it really easy to see who here is a UM fan and who is here just here to take shots at the program.

Exhibit A:

1672860915707.png

Advertisement
That is a sight to see! What a great facility. This will give future recurits on their OV something to consider.

You know as great as this is, I cant help but to think about Coach Richt. He donated out of his own pocket and basically tore up his contract to assist with the other facility and the FB program as a whole. Much love and respect to CMR.

I have no problems with alum fans, and I have no problems with non-alum fans (Paul DiMare). All are welcome.

The only real difference is that if the football team goes 0-12 for the next 10 years in a row, I'm still a UM alum and I'm still stuck rooting for my alma mater. The non-alum fans can stop writing checks and walk away.

Other than that, we all love our Hurricanes.
Amen brotha......... I will forever be a UM fan and alum....the rooting will continue until my last breath..........it's a Cane thing...

That is a sight to see! What a great facility. This will give future recurits on their OV something to consider.

You know as great as this is, I cant help but to think about Coach Richt. He donated out of his own pocket and basically tore up his contract to assist with the other facility and the FB program as a whole. Much love and respect to CMR.
Never a bad time to give respect to Richt and his selflessness

Advertisement

They should really name a room or dedicate a plaque to him

Excellence!

Lets offer qualified high school age Coral Gables residents free tuition to the U for the next 30 years, so their parents will allow us to build a stadium. Thanks

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back