Florida State -LSU Game Thread

They are not really corners..
I get that. I guess I’m seeing it more as they are the two defensive leaders in that room and ranked the top duo in the country preseason. They will absolutely need to help mitigate things from over the top. I’d guess Guidry sticks JW on Wilson for the most part too.

Advertisement
FSU making the big plays like the Coleman grab last drive while LSU dropping wide open potential TDs. That’s the difference. This one is done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely no alphas in FSUs secondary like has been a trademark of their teams even when they’re not as good

Kinda weird

Norvell calls the plays. He is an OC.

Mario is an OL coach a d has never been an OC or called plays.

It is incorrect to say Norvell is better schematically.
Mario doesn't pretend to to be a guy that is strong in regards to schemes, mostly because he has never served as a coordinator. That's my point. Mario is a recruiter, he is a strong program manager and builder. Norvell on the other hand, makes his money with being able to manage the offensive side of the ball. He has more in common with Lane Kiffin, compared to Nick Saban, who would be what we hope Mario becomes. Saban is a guy that instills a strong culture, is strong at building and managing a program, and demands accountability from his staff. Saban isn't over there calling plays, and for good reason, that's not his thing.

Mario relies much more on his coordinators than Norvell.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back