Final Spring Depth Chart Released

Good to VT finally back on top, got a wake up call huh? DL we Jelani coming in, if healthy adds.immediate depth, mcord has been having weight issues so might move to dt. DB got bush Howard and Jenkins all with size an drive to play now. Lockhart has a leg up on the rest with prep school plus he's a are8 baller and carver is a basketball player who can get up there

Advertisement
Good to VT finally back on top, got a wake up call huh? DL we Jelani coming in, if healthy adds.immediate depth, mcord has been having weight issues so might move to dt. DB got bush Howard and Jenkins all with size an drive to play now. Lockhart has a leg up on the rest with prep school plus he's a are8 baller and carver is a basketball player who can get up there

This defense would still have problems stopping the run and the short passing game. I'm not sure were the pass rush would come from. I would play Ray Ray in the box to help with both.

With this offense I would like to see Hagans get more carries. We have not had a big back running threat since ? I would throw to the TE and exploit the LB who can't cover. This would allow the QB to have easy throws. If the LB are back in coverage, Morris would have running lanes to scramble.

I think we see a great run defense next year. Pass defense, ouch... could be bottom of the nation.

TE, DT, and Safety concern me most.

DT is really scary. the other spots could be alright with minimal injuries. the kid from TX that made the WOAT play vs FSU at safety actually looked pretty decent in the spring game. he and Highsmith along with a FR or two should provide some depth

I like Cleveland and Walford at TE. gonna need one or two more guys to step up for depth between Dye and someone else

DT is very troublesome. we need quality depth there in the worst way. the 2 starters are decent at best IMO and porter has been hurt his whole career.

really like Briscoe and pray that he gets in

Advertisement
DT does not look that bad, I am more worried about DE shayon green is always hurt and behind Chick and Cain who is a converted LB we have nothing! I dont like moving Flowers to RT, should stay at LT. I dont know why Seantrel and Linder arent the starting LT and LG. It is going to be a long season...

Linebacker is the one position where we have legitimate depth and competition. Perryman, Buch, Gaines, Kirby, Paul, Cornelius, E Johnson, Armbrister, Witt is a solid group.

Advertisement
Linebacker is the one position where we have legitimate depth and competition. Perryman, Buch, Gaines, Kirby, Paul, Cornelius, E Johnson, Armbrister, Witt is a solid group.

I don't understand why this board thinks we're "set" at LB. Out of all of those guys only Perryman (and maybe Buchanan) has performed solid on the field. We have lots of bodies there, but none besides Perryman have shown they can consistently bring it in games. The rest are Greentree champions until proven otherwise imo.

Five of them haven't even played LB in a game yet. Hopefully with all those bodies 1 or 2 can step up, but I'm going to remain skeptical until I see it.

Also, Darius Smith straightaway beating out Luther Robinson is good. Luther Robinson has been making plays this Spring. Smith must be doing something right.

I'm more impressed with LRobinson getting in the 2 deep. I know there isn't a whole lot at DT but the coaches wanted him to move to OL and he ended up making some plays at DT. If he can continue to give us a little bit at DT that would be huge.

S is just scary.

This. I was going to post the same thing. In my mind Golden was trying to chase him off the team when he said he was moving to OL. Maybe it was a master motivational plan all along by Golden!

The ****?

The ****?

Advertisement

The ****?

The ****?

??

Advertisement

The ****?

Is duppy03 NJtoFLa's new screen name?

Advertisement
Back