Favorite Play of the Game?

Either X's ankle breaker, or Cam's TD to George where he moved around so calmly avoiding pressure. I was thinking he should just run for a few yards at that point, but he was cool and in control and waited for the receiver to get open

Advertisement
Either X's ankle breaker, or Cam's TD to George where he moved around so calmly avoiding pressure. I was thinking he should just run for a few yards at that point, but he was cool and in control and waited for the receiver to get open
Squared his shoulders, flipped his hips and threw a dart to JG.

Squared his shoulders, flipped his hips and threw a dart to JG.
The Gator lifer (he and his crew looked like they had been season ticket holders for like 4 decades or something) behind me was starstruck. He literally gasped and said a few moments later after processing: "That was an NFL throw."

Advertisement
The Gator lifer (he and his crew looked like they had been season ticket holders for like 4 decades or something) behind me was starstruck. He literally gasped and said a few moments later after processing: "That was an NFL throw."
No doubt. I thought that was Cam’s best throw of the game.

1st Drive.

3rd and 5... The gators run a pop pass to Trey Wilson into the boundary.

Damari comes down hill and makes initial contact as a swarm of white jerseys pursued setting the tone from the jump! The pursuit let me know what type of day it was going to be. For years we've lacked overall team speed and explosiveness at the point of attack. That play gave me confidence in our guys instantly.

Damien Martinez run where he took the soul of that poor gator db. We had just given up the FG after the Ward pick and it was a sign to me that this team can take a jab and come back with a haymaker. It was beautiful

Mine was the Powell INT.

Snatched the souls from that team.

Pounded the QB into the ground with a clean hit.

Took the INT back for like 65 yards.
That play had almost everything. If only Powell would not have outrun his convey, he walks into the end zone.

1. Massive hit on their trash talking, punk qb.
2. Clean hit on punk qb hurts him (not serious, I don't wish for that) and knocks him out of game
3. Interception just when it appears Florida might score and make game interesting.
4. Great return. Although it should have been TD, you could see and hear the souls leaving the gaytor team and gaytor fans while Powell was making his way downfield.

Advertisement
Those were the two that first come to mind. That perfect dart to George at the back of the endzone was poetry in motion.

b9cb27fb254847eaa22e0a5adafd9785.gif

Mainly because of the situation surrounding the play.

Cam had just threw the pick which gave them a short field & the ball on the 33yd line with 2min left in the 1st quarter.

Mertz throws a quick screen for 3yds to Wilson, then scrambles on 2nd down for 7yds to get a 1st down.

Now they're in the Red Zone with a fresh set of downs & the ball on the 23yd line.

On the new set of downs, we stuff Montrell on 1st down, Mertzy overthrows Khaleil Jackson on 2nd down.

So now it's 3rd & 10 on the 23 & UF is down 7-0.

Markeith does a terrific job reading his keys & following the QB's eyes, he recognizes the Corner route to the short side of the field. The TE is lined up in Y & is given basically a free release off the line. Bissainthe has the responsibility of covering the Back running an Out route to the flat, which he does perfectly. He brushes Arlis Boardingham & passes him off to the Secondary. Boardingham is running a Flag/Corner route & is wide open. If Markeith doesn't get over in time & make a play on the ball, it would've either been a 1st down at the 3yd line, or a TD.

The best part about it is, Boardingham runs what looks like is going to be a 9 route but then stems towards the sideline at the top of his route. Markeith didn't panic & backpedal out, he didn't over commit his feet to inside leverage. He stayed square, stagger stepped & then immediately darted to the spot where he knew the pass was going & played the ball in the air.

It was perfect coverage, especially for Red Zone play, which is critical.

Big time play that probably gets overlooked, but if UF scores in that moment they tie the game & all the momentum is in their favor by scoring a TD after a turnover.

UF were running out the clock before the half and Kiko pointed at them, as if to say "nah they don't want it...". Anyone else notice that?

Advertisement
That TD pass from Cam to George was insane. I can’t remember the last time we had a QB who could make a play like that. When I saw that I was like, “We’re here, and Cam is THAT DUDE.”

1a. Fletcher’s first touchdown run. Great concept, perfect execution.

1b. Lofton’s catch and run. That is not a fun body type to try to tackle.
I really enjoyed Fletchers run as well.

The idea that we stick Ward under center basically ran an old school counter and he almost walks in untouched was beautiful. The game has changed no doubt. But you still have to be able to run the ball. That was like giving our OL some candy,” time to eat!” And they proceeded to dominate the LOS.

Of course there is also the two runs by Cam early, where he made us all realize he was the elite player that we hoped he was. Dude was just trying to get them to hit him for the extra 15 😂

Advertisement
View attachment 300924

Mainly because of the situation surrounding the play.

Cam had just threw the pick which gave them a short field & the ball on the 33yd line with 2min left in the 1st quarter.

Mertz throws a quick screen for 3yds to Wilson, then scrambles on 2nd down for 7yds to get a 1st down.

Now they're in the Red Zone with a fresh set of downs & the ball on the 23yd line.

On the new set of downs, we stuff Montrell on 1st down, Mertzy overthrows Khaleil Jackson on 2nd down.

So now it's 3rd & 10 on the 23 & UF is down 7-0.

Markeith does a terrific job reading his keys & following the QB's eyes, he recognizes the Corner route to the short side of the field. The TE is lined up in Y & is given basically a free release off the line. Bissainthe has the responsibility of covering the Back running an Out route to the flat, which he does perfectly. He brushes Arlis Boardingham & passes him off to the Secondary. Boardingham is running a Flag/Corner route & is wide open. If Markeith doesn't get over in time & make a play on the ball, it would've either been a 1st down at the 3yd line, or a TD.

The best part about it is, Boardingham runs what looks like is going to be a 9 route but then stems towards the sideline at the top of his route. Markeith didn't panic & backpedal out, he didn't over commit his feet to inside leverage. He stayed square, stagger stepped & then immediately darted to the spot where he knew the pass was going & played the ball in the air.

It was perfect coverage, especially for Red Zone play, which is critical.

Big time play that probably gets overlooked, but if UF scores in that moment they tie the game & all the momentum is in their favor by scoring a TD after a turnover.
This was dope. Markeith was one of favorite recruits of his class, but this dude got to be the hardest gainer on the team. Guidry dont like to rotate either so him getting reps that early in a game is dope to see. I know last year he had trouble with playbook so I know he has earned trust of coaches also.

X to Brown already up by I think 28? We snatched their souls so now let’s desecrate the dead body. Love the killer attitude

Advertisement
Back