ESPN AND CFP COMMITTEE AGREE TO EXPANDED PLAYOFF MEDIA RIGHTS DEAL

Advertisement
If OOC Rivalry games are going away (they are) anyway, who cares. This is good for everybody except UGA, Bama, OSU, etc. They are the only ones who are in trouble of missing out on a title game, bc it gives them another shot to lose. Everybody else gets another shot. So either audit every single player and family that gets recruited to stop the under the table money and cap NIL spending, or expand it to 16. That’s how you even it out and get casuals that don’t want to watch UGA/Bama play for another title, to tune in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, I like that, too…but, still would’ve incorporated the tier 1 bowls in some how. However, the on campus is fire
It’s pretty unrealistic to ask that many fans to travel potentially three or four times out of market from the conference championship game on down

Also, don’t want empty seats in some of those first round games. It’s a bad look with some of those locations and how little time you’ll know and totally possible.

It’s pretty unrealistic to ask that many fans to travel potentially three or four times out of market from the conference championship game on down

Also, don’t want empty seats in some of those first round games. It’s a bad look with some of those locations and how little time you’ll know and totally possible.

From my understanding, the Bowl Committee are fully in charge of all bowl games, including host cities. While it’s true that cities are synonymous with bowl games, it’s also true that venues have had to change for one reason or another even for one season.

With the CFP, I would work out to rotate the tier 1 bowls to be the first round matchups on said home fields. The sponsors benefit tremendously, the perception of these tier 1 bowls would change, & when these bowls r not being used in the CFP rotation, the traditional host city would benefit b/c of the perception.

It would take planning & cooperation, of course, but that would’ve been my angle once the expansion was discussed since they’ve been complaining about how bowls r viewed.

Advertisement
Back