Enjoy the New OC gents, this is the game that made me love this style

I think @DMoney has made some posts kind of debunking this thing where we don’t have as good a recruiting ground for linemen

But to your point the big fish that do come through I like our chances a lot better now
DMoney knows more than I do about this!

I’d be interested in reading what he wrote if someone can provide a link ✊

Advertisement
His playcalling aganist Iowa was simply beautiful..

Dude is the anti-Coley - he just has a feel for what to call and when to use the trick plays.

After watching this highlight tape do you guys think that Garcia might get some reps. Hes obviously not scared tom use a 2 qb system. And yes I know TVD is a Heisman type QB but that doesn't mean you cant throw the defense off by using 2 qbs.

At Miami we don’t have as fertile recruiting grounds for elite Olinemen. If we can be a place where big boys want to play we can be elite again real quick because our skill players will always be top notch.

We don’t need to run the ball all game. We just need to be ABLE to run the ball when we want to.

As great and explosive as our offense has been last couple of years we haven’t been able to consistently get yards in key situations.

Hopefully we can keep some of the big play game changing explosive plays while making an effort to be able to control the LOS and get a mean streak with everyone on field when it comes to blocking
If we got the best linemen out of our backyard, we'd be in much better shape. But we haven't even managed that.

Advertisement
I watched some games that they played the last few years and some games the scheme looks like Mich St and sometimes it looks a lot more like Ohio St. Let's hope the latter is more of what we will run here

At first glance those clips make it look like his goal is to get to 3rd and manageable. Its not about throwing 20 yards downfield on first down or looking at it as big play or bust. Its about always gaining positive yards, no matter the total. Its not a bad thing at all. Its efficient.

DMoney knows more than I do about this!

I’d be interested in reading what he wrote if someone can provide a link ✊
Yeah reason I brought it up was it’s been kind of a long running thing but I think going back the data shows it’s actually not true

We haven’t done a great job landing the right guys though either

He is more of spread guy than being given credit but he picked up some good stuff.. Matt Weiss bought alot of that Greg Romans Ravens run game to the gumbo and you can see the fingerprints of it.. Combine that with Gattis No huddle RPO spread, excited to see what he cooks up.. Passing is name of game.. But we will be balanced.. I expect SPEEEEEED to come back to miami also..

Advertisement
He is more of spread guy than being given credit but he picked up some good stuff.. Matt Weiss bought alot of that Greg Romans Ravens run game to the gumbo and you can see the fingerprints of it.. Combine that with Gattis No huddle RPO spread, excited to see what he cooks up.. Passing is name of game.. But we will be balanced.. I expect SPEEEEEED to come back to miami also..
Yes the Greg Roman/Harbaugh connection is worth noting here as well

Roman is a genius when it comes to run schemes

It’s kinda crazy for people to just assume Gattis won’t adjust to his personnel

Advertisement
True , Shuffling QBs as much as Michigan did this past year and having scripted series could probably take TVD out of a good rhythm. But I am talking about mostly short yardage and goalline packages where we perennially struggle.
Just talking about what I would like to see in some those situations.
Highly possible especially if Brown is successful at it during the cupcake teams.

Advertisement
At first glance those clips make it look like his goal is to get to 3rd and manageable. Its not about throwing 20 yards downfield on first down or looking at it as big play or bust. Its about always gaining positive yards, no matter the total. Its not a bad thing at all. Its efficient.
That style of play is not efficient. If you need four plays for 20 yards vs three plays for 20 yards, the latter is more efficient.

Gattis takes a checkdown over a sack. Its not necessarily efficient, but its still smart football. Its what another Wolverine QB did for 22 years...

I would like to be a run first team. Would let TVDimes and receivers shine even brighter
Absolutely that’s how I see it. With our back field now and Mario working the trenches I see great things happening again offensively. We can now control the ball and time of possession.

Advertisement
Back