Elite Prospect Weekend is here!

Advertisement
haha. not sure this logic is really working for me as a fan that wants to see the team win anything of significance during the remainder of my life.....
I'm not saying these kids aren't hella important, it's just the use of the phrase "must get" which implies that there's no alternative. While we hate it, I think we've seen that there's an alternative, so nobody is "must get".

I'm not saying these kids aren't hella important, it's just the use of the phrase "must get" which implies that there's no alternative. While we hate it, I think we've seen that there's an alternative, so nobody is "must get".
there is an alternative in that you can literally find another body to put on the field but sometimes it turns out there actually wasn't an alternative. i point again to Dalvin Cook... the alternative was losing a bunch of games to FSU that killed multiple seasons in a row.

Advertisement
This is true. Cook was a must get, Yearby wasnt.... I don't know if we chose Yearby over Cook but just imagine Fsu without Cook. He singlehandedly beat us every time we played them.
Someone mentioned this within the past couple of months on here. Cook and Yearby didn’t want to play together in college. We were in on Cook and I think a coach was hired to UM who had been recruiting Yearby and brought him in as his running back and Cook went to FSU.

Someone will fix this 👆 lol

Someone mentioned this within the past couple of months on here. Cook and Yearby didn’t want to play together in college. We were in on Cook and I think a coach was hired to UM who had been recruiting Yearby and brought him in as his running back and Cook went to FSU.

Was James Coley who brought Yearby.

Advertisement

Oooh okay, I see

If we were elite at recruiting we would of gotten both. I wouldn't of taken Yearby though give me the guy that fits D1. Running from HS players and D1 players are two different things. I know people say sfla is the best in terms of HS football but Yearby was running away from HS dudes. Total different projection and talent in college. Cook was a big time miss....if we had Mario then he would be a Cane easily.

If we were elite at recruiting we would of gotten both. I wouldn't of taken Yearby though give me the guy that fits D1. Running from HS players and D1 players are two different things. I know people say sfla is the best in terms of HS football but Yearby was running away from HS dudes. Total different projection and talent in college. Cook was a big time miss....if we had Mario then he would be a Cane easily.
It was the evals or something. Yearby was Coley’s guy I think. Cook didn’t want to play with Yearby. The HC was Alf so….

Advertisement
It was the evals or something. Yearby was Coley’s guy I think. Cook didn’t want to play with Yearby. The HC was Alf so….
Should of fired Coley just for that...him leaving basically upgraded fsus roster. Cook was a UF verbal and Clemson as well I believe. We came in second I think.

Should of fired Coley just for that...him leaving basically upgraded fsus roster. Cook was a UF verbal and Clemson as well I believe. We came in second I think.
If cook was a UiF verbal then it doesn’t matter does it?

Advertisement
I generally agree with this but... there was three years of Miami and FSU football that shifted completely because one school got Dalvin Cook and one didn't. I think the thing is that you can never really tell ahead of time who the must get recruit ends up being. I'm pretty sure, in retrospect, that Clemson would consider Deshaun Watson a must get recruit.
There is no doubt Cook was (and remains) a talented player. I would offer he was another sign of Miami's program rot. An important addition/loss, but not the singular reason of decline during that period.

Call nick saban then. Anyone ever notice how they always seem to start slow on rankings…..but then nah

Give me a break, and call me when Miami reaches Alabama's level and Mario reaches Saban's level. I know what he wants to aspire to, but we're not there yet, and we can't act like we are on Day 1.

Advertisement
Back