Elijah Arroyo: There’s no defense that can cover everybody on our offense

View as article
Neither Williams nor Lofton has the ability that Arroyo has in challenging a defense imo. Real nice TEs but Arroyo offers something dynamic that those two don't.
Riley definitely more a traditional TE than Arroyo. Arroyos blocking is suspect for sure. But he’s a Bowers type threat as a receiver (granted Bowers is significantly faster from testing numbers) but Elijah moves very well on the field

Advertisement
Yeah but a guy with injury history has to think about getting to the NFL as early as possible. If he ends up with a Day 1-2 draft grade, I would have to advise him to leave. Day 3 and I would advise him to return as he would be a pre-season candidate for the Mackey award or whatever they give to the top TE.
You're right of course. I was just worried that thr NFL would hold his injury against him ìoʻ

Riley definitely more a traditional TE than Arroyo. Arroyos blocking is suspect for sure. But he’s a Bowers type threat as a receiver (granted Bowers is significantly faster from testing numbers) but Elijah moves very well on the field

To me, Williams is a Whitten type. Steady, reliable guy who can be good in the passing game and solid in run game. Arroyo - you take the good with the bad. Lots of these receiving TEs that dominate the pros are average blockers so picking on his blocking is not a big thing for me but that's me.

To me, Williams is a Whitten type. Steady, reliable guy who can be good in the passing game and solid in run game. Arroyo - you take the good with the bad. Lots of these receiving TEs that dominate the pros are average blockers so picking on his blocking is not a big thing for me but that's me.
Fans are selling Williams short (not you) that kid is an absolute monster in the making

Neither Williams nor Lofton has the ability that Arroyo has in challenging a defense imo. Real nice TEs but Arroyo offers something dynamic that those two don't.
Agreed but i think Williams is a better blocker, lofton is versatile so it can be like running 12 and 21 personnel at the same time. Just some layers u can throw in

Advertisement
It's a great point and you're right that Coach Woodiel and Coach Beard have done great jobs so far in those areas. Cam is also very much involved in this as his leadership has really been the glue that has established a foundational standard in concert with what Mario demands.

While we're on the subject, I know it's still very early but regardless I still think that we might start to discuss just how good this entire coaching staff is. From Woodiel and Beard to Mirabal and Merritt to JT, Big Joe and D Nick to C. Jack to Dawson, Guidry and the boss Mario. Is it too early to say that this staff is elite? I don't think it's too early and that's another thing to give Mario props on. From the beginning he knew it would take some tweeking to get things to where he wanted them. Forward to the present and everything has come together to where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Does this staff rival the staff's Butch had? I don't know but just to be at the point where I can even ask that question is thrilling. Good times.
Bold question. @SWFLHurricane

Too early to say, but if this question remains valid at the end of the year it means we've had great success on the field.

Fans are selling Williams short (not you) that kid is an absolute monster in the making

I see a lot of people love hyping him up. I'm in the minority of those who doesn't see it. Real nice player but not the game changer or elite guy people talk about.

Advertisement
Bold question. @SWFLHurricane

Too early to say, but if this question remains valid at the end of the year it means we've had great success on the field.
To be honest, it'd be tough to touch Butch's staff. Your talking
* Curtis Johnson- (best WR coach in UM history
*Chuck Pagano- Best DB coach in UM history (tied with Dave Arnold for best STs coach)
* Art Kehoe- arguably Best OL coach in UM history
*Don Soldinger (Sarge)- Best RB coach in UM history.....not too shabby.

To be honest, it'd be tough to touch Butch's staff. Your talking
* Curtis Johnson- (best WR coach in UM history
*Chuck Pagano- Best DB coach in UM history (tied with Dave Arnold for best STs coach)
* Art Kehoe- arguably Best OL coach in UM history
*Don Soldinger (Sarge)- Best RB coach in UM history.....not too shabby.
SWFL you are really selling Taylor stubblefield short from manny’s first staph

Advertisement
images

It’s like that whole chicken or the egg thing with coaches here

Blake Baker was trashed here now he’s one of the highest paid guys in the game (not to tangent just saying sometimes it’s not so simple)

Get better players and the coaches just look more like geniuses. The “development” thing everyone loves to say around here but really don’t have much of a grasp of what’s going on

But that doesn’t mean they’re not great coaches and teachers. It’s early and I’m far from a DB guru, but the little things I’m seeing from our CBs says a lot about Chevis Jackson in a short time

Mario has done a great job the second time around with these hires
Regarding Blake Baker, that's why the head coach is so important. It all starts at the top. Baker coached under Manny Diaz here. This staff coaches under Cristobal. That's a huge difference in competency.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back