Duke's gaining weight

Like I wrote in another thread, we need to 'find' big plays in the O, and Duke is about the best option for that among the new signees. Right now we need his speed and quickness more than we need a pound it out back, since I don't see him getting more than 10 carries a game.

Advertisement
1st 3 games he'll be our kick returner.. I doubt he'll get alot of burn in front of james and clements...

Here is what jean louis had to say on twitter

"195.7 yay!!! once i get to miami my frame will be able to handle 205/210 than my Victims #MANHandled"

Advertisement
Da fugg dat ***** sayin "yay" for? I don't want no ***** *** ******* who say "yay" on my team.

Says goal is 195.

Weight of some players he has been compared to.
Warrick Dunn-187
Jahvid Best-199
Chris Johnson-191
CJ Spiller-197
Jamaal Charles-199

I don't think his size will be a problem, hopefully he keeps his speed and agility with the gain. I think he weighed 179 for the UA game.

Funny, the comparisons being made to some of the fastest guys in the NFL. Duke is an unequivocal badass. The guy is, and will always be, one of the fastest guys with pads on. He's an elite, I mean elite, talent. He's a more physical Dunn, if I were to make any comparison. He has more football talent than Chris Johnson and CJ Spiller, and it's not even close.

Says goal is 195.

Weight of some players he has been compared to.
Warrick Dunn-187
Jahvid Best-199
Chris Johnson-191
CJ Spiller-197
Jamaal Charles-199

I don't think his size will be a problem, hopefully he keeps his speed and agility with the gain. I think he weighed 179 for the UA game.

Funny, the comparisons being made to some of the fastest guys in the NFL. Duke is an unequivocal badass. The guy is, and will always be, one of the fastest guys with pads on. He's an elite, I mean elite, talent. He's a more physical Dunn, if I were to make any comparison. He has more football talent than Chris Johnson and CJ Spiller, and it's not even close.

I agree with this.

BTW Barry Sanders played at 5'8, 200 lbs during his NFL career.

Duke just needs to add enough weight to be durable.

Advertisement
Does anyone here remember a runningback for the Cinncinati Bengals back in the mid 80's- early 90's named James Brooks? I wanna say he was around Duke johnson's size. James Brooks was the hardest running small back Ive ever seen. Dude used to blow up NFL linebackers at 195 pounds. I always think of James Brooks when looking for a benchmark for hard running, small backs.

Advertisement
Back