Duke's gaining weight

Thunderdome
406461_2327233559416_1807010837_1412476_487817292_n.jpg

Says goal is 195.

Weight of some players he has been compared to.
Warrick Dunn-187
Jahvid Best-199
Chris Johnson-191
CJ Spiller-197
Jamaal Charles-199

I don't think his size will be a problem, hopefully he keeps his speed and agility with the gain. I think he weighed 179 for the UA game.

Advertisement
195 would be great coming in. he will be able to eat 3 big meals and work out harder once he gets to miami. He could easily be 205 by sophmore year. Duke will never be a massive back and he doesnt need to be.

crossover22[]_[];249441 said:
195 would be great coming in. he will be able to eat 3 big meals and work out harder once he gets to miami. He could easily be 205 by sophmore year. Duke will never be a massive back and he doesnt need to be.

Exactly, give me skill over size for a rb. I think Duke favors to Dunn very well and would've had no problem with him coming in around 185, but if they weight adds on with no problems it should do nothing but help.

Duke already looks much bigger and stronger than he did as a Jr. No worries here about gaining weight and keeping his speed.

Advertisement
I don't think he is as fast as any of those guys on that list. Not saying he's slow, but I don't think he has killing speed. In the UA game he got caught from behind on the kick return.

crossover22[]_[];249441 said:

Exactly, give me skill over size for a rb. I think Duke favors to Dunn very well and would've had no problem with him coming in around 185, but if they weight adds on with no problems it should do nothing but help.

dunn is a good comparison. Duke plays bigger then he is, he has one of the best stiff arms I have seen in a smaller back. He loves contact and he doesnt shy away from it. Cant weight to see him play.

I don't think he is as fast as any of those guys on that list. Not saying he's slow, but I don't think he has killing speed. In the UA game he got caught from behind on the kick return.

Enough with the "He got caught from behind stuff at the UA game"...Please!

Duke came to an almost a complete stop on the sideline, cut across the entire length of the field and was caught from behind by guys that were trailing that side of the field and had the angle and momentum as he came across.

Duke's HS 100 Meter pb time was on par with Lamar's if not better so enough with he doesn't have killing speed. Dude was Mr Football in Florida, won a 5A hs championship and bleeds orange and green. I am doing back flips that we have him coming in! Kid gave up his number to Tray Howard to help entice him, dude is a team player all the way! I think the Warrick Dunn comparison is spot on! And that I will take.

Duke came to an almost a complete stop on the sideline, cut across the entire length of the field and was caught from behind by guys that were trailing that side of the field and had the angle and momentum as he came across.

Duke's HS 100 Meter pb time was on par with Lamar's if not better so enough with he doesn't have killing speed. Dude was Mr Football in Florida, won a 5A hs championship and bleeds orange and green. I am doing back flips that we have him coming in! Kid gave up his number to Tray Howard to help entice him, dude is a team player all the way! I think the Warrick Dunn comparison is spot on! And that I will take.
To add to that, he also got caught by pretty much the fast DB from the 2012 class.

Advertisement
if he was only 179 at the UA game is he gaining weight to fast which might not be a good thing

Says goal is 195.

Weight of some players he has been compared to.
Warrick Dunn-187
Jahvid Best-199
Chris Johnson-191
CJ Spiller-197
Jamaal Charles-199

I don't think his size will be a problem, hopefully he keeps his speed and agility with the gain. I think he weighed 179 for the UA game.

+1

195 coming into camp would be ideal, even if some of it is "bad" weight - remember, most of these kids will lose 5-15 lbs. during fall camp... I'd love to see him playing at 185 as a freshman. To me, that's plenty big enough in year 1 to get 10-15 touches/game (backfield, slot, etc.)

I dont care if he shows up looking like Iron Head Hayward or the crackhead from Menace II Society.

Just get him on the field.

Advertisement
So sick of comparisons PERIOD, most importantly comparing to Duke to anyone.

I played football for Plant in the 90's. I played against Peter Warrick, and Travis Henry. I have been a fan of south Florida high school football for 20 years. I have NEVER seen anyone that compares to Duke. I laugh at fools who say he is like Warrick Dunn. Dunn never trucked a 210 lb linebaker, how many times you ever seen Jahvid Best or Chris Johnson throw a safety to the ground with one hand on his way to a score. The dude is 5'9" and plays like he's 6'5" 270.......He don't give a ****!

The kid does it all. His got wiggles, he's got top end speed, and he'll truck a necka if he's gotta. Sheeet, he'd jump in the stands and butt rape Danny boy if it meant a win. The kid is special, and you are seriously doing him a disservice comparing him to anyone.

Advertisement

I played football for Plant in the 90's. I played against Peter Warrick, and Travis Henry. I have been a fan of south Florida high school football for 20 years. I have NEVER seen anyone that compares to Duke. I laugh at fools who say he is like Warrick Dunn. Dunn never trucked a 210 lb linebaker, how many times you ever seen Jahvid Best or Chris Johnson throw a safety to the ground with one hand on his way to a score. The dude is 5'9" and plays like he's 6'5" 270.......He don't give a ****!

The kid does it all. His got wiggles, he's got top end speed, and he'll truck a necka if he's gotta. Sheeet, he'd jump in the stands and butt rape Danny boy if it meant a win. The kid is special, and you are seriously doing him a disservice comparing him to anyone.

I am definitely with you on the first part, and thanks for the personal viewpoint.

It's fun to talk about who a kid reminds you of sometimes but our fanbase takes it next level. Just an offseason boredom thing I guess.

First of all I didn't make any of the comparisons, I said they're ones I've seen him compared to here and on other sites. Secondly it's a message board, people are going to compare him and if it upsets you that much maybe you shouldn't read them.

He's thicker and stronger than people give him credit for, and runs far tougher than people realize. He can be every bit as good as Warrick Dunn, IMO. He's a better inside runner already. And he has great hands. I worry about injuries because of how much he is willing to take in terms of contact. But this kid, IMO, is the best incoming player at UM in a decade, and the sky is the limit.

Advertisement
Back