Duke at Miami (2-1-21) on ESPN at 7 pm

Advertisement
Games like this are why the last couple years have been so frustrating. There’s plenty of talent on the team, but we just flat don’t show up half the time. It’s abundantly clear we can’t make jump shots, so tonight was the perfect example of how this team HAS to play. Get out in transition and drive the basketball. If you settle for a jump shot you should be yanked immediately. Force it into the kid’s heads.

Why a ban? ****y V ain't lying. This is a bad loss for Duke and could come back to haunt them come tournament selection time. Duke may be a bubble team heading into tournament play and this loss only hurts their chances.

****ie V only comes to Coral Gables due to his love affair with Coach K and Roy Williams.
He is annoying and terrible announcing games.
The only thing worse than ****ie V calling your game is when ****ie V and Fran Fraschilla are talking at the same time.
Ban them both immediately.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
****ie V only comes to Coral Gables due to his love affair with Coach K and Roy Williams.
The only thing worse than ****ie V calling your game is when ****ie V and Fran Fraschilla are talking at the same time.
Fraschilla is OK but ****ie V was done 10 years ago(or more!). His schtick is just annoying now.

Advertisement
Looks like the old man pulled one out of his *** and bought himself more time. Sure Duke isn't the power house they used to be. But Coach L beating Duke is never bad news. No matter how much we want fresh blood the old man stirred up a little hope with this win...until the season is over that is.

Agreed. He would've been insufferable to listen to last night.

UM is 11 point underdog. If I were a bettor, I'd go with Duke to cover, heavy.
Bill Murray Movie GIF by Hollywood Suite

Coach L pulled a rabbit out of his hat at the right time. **** Duke!

Some notes:
- That may have been the most exciting game we've played all year. 20 lead changes and 5 ties. It was sloppy at times, and neither team is good, but it was still fun to watch.
- I get we have no depth, but I can never understand why we play such a slow paced offense. Our halfcourt offense is terrible for a multitude of reasons. You saw the success we had last night when we got out in transition and pushed up the tempo at times. This is an athletic team. There's no reason to play at a snail's pace.
- Were those the most important productive minutes of Gak's career? His stats are modest (6 points, 4 boards, 2 assists) but he filled in for Brooks at a critical juncture in the game and played well. You can see he is an athlete, even after the knee surgeries.
- Where has that Walker been offensively? Knocking down shots with confidence, actually getting decent looks and not forcing stuff up. He still has a lot of work to do defensively (stop biting on every pump fake!), but maybe there's some hope he can turn into a legit player next season
- Can't say enough good things about the way Olayni played last night. Really hope he comes back for another season. 21 points, 7 boards, 3 steals on 8/10 shooting. If only he could shoot free throws. Speaking of which, our late game execution was atrocious and we're lucky it didn't cost us the game.
- Wong was Wong. He is turning into one of the best players in the ACC

Let's see if we can use this as a spark to finish the season strong and build some hope and momentum heading into next season. I won't hold my breath, though. This team upset Louisville and then followed that up with 4 straight double digit losses to worse teams than Louisville (BC, ND, and Wake are all terrible). It's almost like this squad only rises to the occasion when playing a ranked team (VT and Clemson - near wins) or a "big name" opponent (Duke, UNC, Louisville, Purdue). Not sure if that is a motivation issue or what the deal is, but this has been L's most inconsistent team ever.

Advertisement
Back