Tears Duck Tears

Looking forward to Oregon's demise. Been media darlings forever. Tired of the news about their uniforms, facilities, etc. The time for them to circle the drain is now. It's exciting to read about them being mid this season.
20 years from now there will be an Aflac trivia question during one of Oregon's games:

The last head coach to win a conference title at Oregon was?

Answer: Mario Cristobal, current Miami head coach, in 2020.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought Dillon Gabriel would have to make some adjustments to B10 because he has never played in a conference with good defenses just didn't think Idaho would do it.
He played well, the offensive line and running game were non existent. He’s going to get killed if they can’t pass block better.

Side note: I didn’t know Idaho dropped down to FCS.

I also hope that after billy gets fired, that norvells agent tries to strong arm the athletic department into a second undeserved pay raise. And I hope that this time they call his bluff and say “if Florida wants to pay you more you should go”.

Never hire an up and coming young coordinator that’s never been a head coach. Especially at a top tier p4 program.

Kirby Smart is an exception because he was at Alabama as dc for seven years. And a did stints at other p5 stops and even the nfl.

Oregon was at home!! Opening game with the highest rated qb.
There is no freaking excuse for that performance by that team.
This isn’t a tighten up thing. This is a problem and everyone wants to sweep it under the rug because of all the hype and talent they have.
Why because he beat Deion?

vols looked good
Bama looked good
Uga looked good
Texas looked good
They all did it against scrubs (except uga).
Texas did it with their 2 best running backs out.
You know what other team struggled against bad comp?
Colorado!

I asked a question when people were saying that Oregon had the better coach.

Mario built that team into 2 PAC 12 titles after going 4-8.

Lanning inherited a winning team and recruiting giant with money. Hasn’t won his conference and opened up looking bad.

Both on year 3.
We opened up a can of whoop asz against a sec team in the heat with 90k opposing fans and steam rolled.

So I’ll ask again. If Dan Lanning is a great coach and people have been licking his nootsack and sayin we should've hired him instead…….

Then what tf is our head coach?

Advertisement
Never hire an up and coming young coordinator that’s never been a head coach. Especially at a top tier p4 program.

Kirby Smart is an exception because he was at Alabama as dc for seven years. And a did stints at other p5 stops and even the nfl.

Oregon was at home!! Opening game with the highest rated qb.
There is no freaking excuse for that performance by that team.
This isn’t a tighten up thing. This is a problem and everyone wants to sweep it under the rug because of all the hype and talent they have.
Why because he beat Deion?

vols looked good
Bama looked good
Uga looked good
Texas looked good
They all did it against scrubs (except uga).
Texas did it with their 2 best running backs out.
You know what other team struggled against bad comp?
Colorado!

I asked a question when people were saying that Oregon had the better coach.

Mario built that team into 2 PAC 12 titles after going 4-8.

Lanning inherited a winning team and recruiting giant with money. Hasn’t won his conference and opened up looking bad.

Both on year 3.
We opened up a can of whoop asz against a sec team in the heat with 90k opposing fans and steam rolled.

So I’ll ask again. If Dan Lanning is a great coach and people have been licking his nootsack and sayin we should've hired him instead…….

Then what tf is our head coach?
I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but what is a good historical coaching comp to Cristobal?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but what is a good historical coaching comp to Cristobal?
Not sure.
But he’s been around a lot of winning since he was a player.
Everybody is looking for an offensive or a defensive guru.
But being a p4 head coach at a top program is way more than just x and o’s.

It kind of compare coaching at a top program similar to a a scout sniper.

everybody thinks that their job is like 90% shooting. But if you talk to any former scout sniper active duty scout sniper, they will actually tell you that the actual shooting part is only 10% of their job description.

Advertisement
No Way Abandon Thread GIF

He played well, the offensive line and running game were non existent. He’s going to get killed if they can’t pass block better.

Side note: I didn’t know Idaho dropped down to FCS.
On Idaho, supposedly they did so voluntarily. Helluva trivia question

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back