2024 DT Francis Brewu - Thomas Worthington HS (Columbus, OH) offered -Pitt Commit

View attachment 253657

Our record last year has very little to nothing to do with this recruiting cycle. I wish you guys would stop repeating that same stupid *** narrative. That **** has been squashed in numerous other threads.
It is one of several factors (such as being left standing when the conference re-alignment music stops) that supports the the narrative that we are a program going nowhere living on past laurels.

That narrative certainly increases the headwinds we are contending with in recruiting.

Advertisement
Yes, I get it, but you have to look at why in this cycle and that has mostly been about geography where these top players have chose to stay close to home.

They're just doing what the top SF prospects are not doing. You can't have it both ways. Wanting 5-star SF players to stay home, but be upset when OOS 5-stars stay home.

All of the DT misses have chosen to stay close to home. With Scott, he wanted to come to Miami, but mom wanted him closer to home and with Stone, the family wanted him at Miami and he wanted OU. Mom said do what makes you happy. Franklin chose Ole Miss. There was no other reason than home for him to chose them. I'm sure he got a big bag, but Miami and Auburn would have matched or paid more and he visited UM around 6 times.

These guys will be hard to flip because home is where the heart is. I can't blame the coaches for that.
We need S Fla to produce more quality DTackles. Has there been a 5 star DTackle in S Fla since Leonard Taylor?

It hasn't been "squashed" by anything lol…Multiple sides give an opinion

If you don't think recruits remember Pitt, FSU, MTSU performances at Hard Rock you are out of your mind.

Facts:
  • We went 5-7 last year and those games you mentioned happened last year
  • We finished with the #7 class and kept a ton of high profile commits committed last year with 5-7.
  • Florida 6-7 Recruiting Ranking #3 Got their *** whipped by Oregon St last game
  • Texas A&M 5-7 Recruiting Ranking #7
  • OU 6-7 Recruiting Ranking #11
  • Auburn 5-7 Recruiting Ranking #16 3 points away from us with 5 less players.

None of that is opinion. If you want to continue to clutch your pearls hoping we go 8-4 and flip a bunch of guys to help this average class then be my guest.

So, we didn't get them and we may not. I just don't think people should be complaining given how things have unfolded. These kids wanted to stay home. What can you do? Keep plodding and hope they change their minds.
You can make offers that make it ever more painful to say no. That's literally their job.

Personal attacks
None of that is opinion. If you want to continue to clutch your pearls hoping we go 8-4 and flip a bunch of guys to help this average class then be my guest.

No moron

I can believe that it is affecting recruiting…And also not thinking 8-4 won't flip a bunch of guys

Mutually exclusive.

Also, Imagine comparing UF's 6-7 to our 5-7.

Advertisement
It is one of several factors (such as being left standing when the conference re-alignment music stops) that supports the the narrative that we are a program going nowhere living on past laurels.

That narrative certainly increases the headwinds we are contending with in recruiting.

Seems like you moving the goal post now. You referenced our record. As I said that's not playing as a main factor and even if we go 8-4, 9-3 we're not magically flipping a ton of guys.

5-7 can do that to you.

Let us not divorce the man who coached the team to a 5-7 record in 2023, from any impact the 5-7 record may have on recruiting in 2024.

People can debate the impact of going 5-7 on recruiting in 2024 (I don't think it's the main or secondary driving force, but I understand the argument). People can't seriously/reasonably/soberly debate that but for several of Mario's decisions, the 2023 team would have (and should have) won more than 5 games last season.

So if it's "5-7" that is hurting c/o 2024 recruiting, that is also on Mario.

Advertisement
We need S Fla to produce more quality DTackles. Has there been a 5 star DTackle in S Fla since Leonard Taylor?
Image-from-iOS-85-e1642840288862.jpg

Let us not divorce the man who coached the team to a 5-7 record in 2023, from any impact the 5-7 record may have on recruiting in 2024.

People can debate the impact of going 5-7 on recruiting in 2024 (I don't think it's the main or secondary driving force, but I understand the argument). People can't seriously/reasonably/soberly debate that but for several of Mario's decisions, the 2023 team would have (and should have) won more than 5 games last season.

So if it's "5-7" that is hurting c/o 2024 recruiting, that is also on Mario.
Never said Mario didn't contribute to it. Always said there were headwinds, some generated from the outside, some self-imposed. By nature, I'm not into the blame game, I couldn't give a sh*t.

@Cribby has mentioned in numerous posts that Mario is aware of the issues and knows he is ultimately responsible. That's half the battle, the only question should be the effectiveness of the action plan. Now that the season is starting, that means win on the field.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In terms of Brewu, think Branson Deen type. There is room for a guy like that on a good team. This kid has serious weight room strength, plays hard, and is active. I completely understand the offer.

Advertisement
For the uninformed who is this wannabe Timbalanc looking loser?
Shemar Stewart (player) & CoRch Mo (handler). CoRch Mo pushed 'croot to TAMU for a bag and two McDoubles.. Hated by our fanbase. Accepted a challenge to meetup with one of CIS very own (Trumpy) at a restaurant to defend his honor. Trumpy didn't want no smoke. Apparently CoRch Mo has a set of balls on him.. along side his tiny ******. 🤏🏼

The more you know...

Shemar Stewart (player) & CoRch Mo (handler). CoRch Mo pushed 'croot to TAMU for a bag and two McDoubles.. Hated by our fanbase. Accepted a challenge to meetup with one of CIS very own (Trumpy) at a restaurant to defend his honor. Trumpy didn't want no smoke. Apparently CoRch Mo has a set of balls on him.. along side his tiny ******. 🤏🏼

The more you know...
Wow that’s some recap. Thanks

Advertisement
Back