DT Board (Portal 2024 Edition)

Advertisement
This opening sentence aged so nicely man
OP updated. Let's see if I will continue to need to eat crow with this new wording. If so, I will happily do so.

Given that we've not yet hit the 3-4 whales everyone was hoping for in the disappointing results so far with HS DT recruiting​

Renovate Channel 9 GIF by The Block

Advertisement
Advertisement
First visit nice with these portal kids. Get them to shut it down early before going elsewhere. I'll have to check out this kids tape
He looks like a Branson Deen replacement. And, while Deen struggled to hold the point sometimes (Louisville), I think Cook would be more stout in that role. I'd pair someone like him with someone like the NC State DT or the MSU DT, get JHH to return, and hold on to Justin Scott and Artavius Jones. If JHH doesn't return, then you need 2 from the second line below.

JHH
MSU or NC State or even Burroughs?
Cook
Moten
Horton
Gore in the Lichtenstein role
Justin Scott (TF)
Artavius Jones (TF)
Anthony Campbell?
CollinA?

Considering two of our DEs are guys who can slide inside on 3rd down pass rushing scenarios, that's a good, cost-efficient, and complementary DT group, IMO.

Bain
Mesidor
Kelly
Wayne
Moss
Lightfoot
Rudolph

Would love one more DE in the Portal, tbh. Someone like Samson's brother makes that a freakish room with no need to rush Lightfoot and Rudolph.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes on Harmon. We need another like him. We can be like the Minnesota Viking when they Had Pat Williams and Kevin Williams.

Man linebackers would be out eating.

Advertisement
Back