DP on Athlon Sports cover

Advertisement
Agreed, Chick will be a monster next year IMO. They both have that long missing mentality.

Good looking picture of a class act - and best of all - he has that "U" on the side of the helmet.

Are we speculating over a better player - when one's a DE and one's a DB?

Really?

Wow. It's mighty slow.

Advertisement
Crazy thing about both Chick and DP is they were both good last year, but both look like completely different guys this season. Both have added a ton of good weight. Chick was overmatched during stretches last year and his motor made plays but he is going to have a lot more strength at the point of attack I think.

Chick looked like he took a step forward as a pass rusher this spring, even with the added weight. That was something I was worried about.

Hopefully, that says more about Chickillo than it does about Seantrel and Bunche.

Crazy thing about both Chick and DP is they were both good last year, but both look like completely different guys this season. Both have added a ton of good weight. Chick was overmatched during stretches last year and his motor made plays but he is going to have a lot more strength at the point of attack I think.

Chick looked like he took a step forward as a pass rusher this spring, even with the added weight. That was something I was worried about.

Hopefully, that says more about Chickillo than it does about Seantrel and Bunche.

They will only make each other better!

Perryman is the best player on our team right now.

Agreed. Not even close either. I remember a pretty heated debate on the old board when Jeff Luc was a senior and someone(might have been cmars crazy ***) said Perryman was better at the time even though he was younger. It enraged the "experts" that floated around the boards.

It's close. Chick is good also. And duke may well be the best player on the team the moment he sets foot on the campus.

Love Duke, but let's not put all this pressure on him. It's definitely Chick/Perryman and hopefully ray ray steps up

Been waiting 4 years for this...

Yep. I remember the discussion about Chick and his weight and your concerns. I wasnt sure to be excited or drop my head when you see the replay of Chick blowing Seantrel away during the spring game.

I think when you add the weight and strength with the motor you have the potential of a Justin Smith type guy. I know that's monster expectations but the kid has already show some serious progress in the weight room.

Advertisement
Well said, JHallCanes. Well said.

Now, if Seantrel can just take the challenge and step forward . . . and then Chick . . . and so on and on.

Advertisement
Back