DP on Athlon Sports cover

Thunderdome
544644_3389757015334_1011867086_33183226_1804308684_n.webp

Advertisement
Thanks guys I plan on having a big year....but its really about the team and i think we will surprise some people.

Advertisement
Perryman is the best player on our team right now.

Agreed. Not even close either. I remember a pretty heated debate on the old board when Jeff Luc was a senior and someone(might have been cmars crazy ***) said Perryman was better at the time even though he was younger. It enraged the "experts" that floated around the boards.

Agreed. Not even close either. I remember a pretty heated debate on the old board when Jeff Luc was a senior and someone(might have been cmars crazy ***) said Perryman was better at the time even though he was younger. It enraged the "experts" that floated around the boards.

It's close. Chick is good also. And duke may well be the best player on the team the moment he sets foot on the campus.

It's close. Chick is good also. And duke may well be the best player on the team the moment he sets foot on the campus.

Love Duke, but let's not put all this pressure on him. It's definitely Chick/Perryman and hopefully ray ray steps up

Advertisement

Duke was definitely in the back of my mind when I said that. Just trying to use what we have on the team right now. I think Chick is great and will have a great career but DP is a notch up right now for me. Finally I actually believe the mantra that our best players are our young guys. I see a lot of what was great about Perryman in Raphael Kirby too.

Love Duke, but let's not put all this pressure on him. It's definitely Chick/Perryman and hopefully ray ray steps up
I'm not putting pressure on him any more than you're on DP. I'm just sharing my opinion on him on a canes message board. And my opinion is he's the best incoming recruit at UM in a decade.

I'm not putting pressure on him any more than you're on DP. I'm just sharing my opinion on him on a canes message board. And my opinion is he's the best incoming recruit at UM in a decade.

how can you even say that? you just said guy who hasn't played a down of college football or even a practice is automatically the best player... lol if he's our best player we are in for a long season

Crazy thing about both Chick and DP is they were both good last year, but both look like completely different guys this season. Both have added a ton of good weight. Chick was overmatched during stretches last year and his motor made plays but he is going to have a lot more strength at the point of attack I think.

Advertisement

how can you even say that? you just said guy who hasn't played a down of college football or even a practice is automatically the best player... lol if he's our best player we are in for a long season

I agree with not putting pressure on him nut i doubt he pays attention to a canes message board. also i think he said best recruit in a decade.

Advertisement
Hopefully he can step up and become the face of our team, I was just thinking a couple days ago do we really have that "flagship player" other teams think of when they think UM??

Dp is a player you have to ask who is # 52. He just stands out. An untrained football eye even notice

Crazy thing about both Chick and DP is they were both good last year, but both look like completely different guys this season. Both have added a ton of good weight. Chick was overmatched during stretches last year and his motor made plays but he is going to have a lot more strength at the point of attack I think.

Chick was making SH look terrible at times during the spring game. But I agree, DP seems to be just a step ahead, his explosion when he hits is something we have been missing since Vilma, and DJ, and a lesser extent Beason.

Advertisement
Back