Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Gaby said Oklahoma is leading
1692654415184.gif

Advertisement
I’m not one to jump to conclusions or see the sky falling over recruiting but..

If the kid doesn’t come with the offer on the table compared to what other teams are offering… you can either assume 1 of 3 things..

He never was coming here and we wasted a ton of time and resources

These recruits know something we don’t that is pushing them elsewhere

Mario isn’t worth $80M. (He’s not but some still think so)

Advertisement

If the kid doesn’t come with the offer on the table compared to what other teams are offering… you can either assume 1 of 3 things..

Seems like he was never coming here

My only caveat to this is Mario and the 80 mil complaints show how poor we've been. 80 mil is a slightly above mid contract for a school trying to win championships.

I said it when he was hired and I’ll say it now: paying him that kind of money was fundamentally good because it showed Miami could care about winning enough to pay for it. Mario actually winning is almost secondary to the messaging of “Miami pays like an SEC school”.

In a sense, I don’t care if Mario is worth 80 mil, because being the HC at Miami is now worth 80 mil. That perception change is priceless.

Points 2 and 3 are probably still gonna be true regardless of his decision

My only caveat to this is Mario and the 80 mil complaints show how poor we've been. 80 mil is a slightly above mid contract for a school trying to win championships.

I said it when he was hired and I’ll say it now: paying him that kind of money was fundamentally good because it showed Miami could care about winning enough to pay for it. Mario actually winning is almost secondary to the messaging of “Miami pays like an SEC school”.

In a sense, I don’t care if Mario is worth 80 mil, because being the HC at Miami is now worth 80 mil. That perception change is priceless.

So true. We are in the good ole boys club now. It doesn’t mean we’re the boss man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back