Derrick Mason leaving Auburn

Advertisement
That I haven’t heard. The pic going around seems like arriving. But heck, could have been from earlier.
4DE90C1D-98A3-49A8-82AA-84D1412262D5.webp

Auburn message board claiming Mason will be taking a season off unless he finds a NFL gig

Guess we will see

Advertisement
Take a look at all the rest of Auburn's games and tell us what the stats are

I obviously have a higher opinion of him than you do, which is fine to disagree, but the point remains - he gave UGA the blueprint on how to defend Bama; UGA didnt heed it in the $EC game, but they did do it in the final.

Mason’s gameplan against Bama was excellent until the defense gave up a 95+ yard TD drive in the last two minutes, allowing Bama to tie the game and later win in OT.

Mason/Auburn gave up 40+ unanswered points to Mississippi St/Leach.

Not going to think he’s a homerun hire without some positive information.

Advertisement
Auburn message board claiming Mason will be taking a season off unless he finds a NFL gig

Guess we will see
Interesting. Really thought he take Miami or ND.

Unless he thinks Harbaugh is going back to the NFL, and he’ll have a spot on that staff …

Mason's defense is trash
Disagree. Every coach has a stinker every now and then on their resume. Before Auburn, dude did battle in the SEC with the worst talent in the conference. He did more than hold his own. I don’t know how much of what happened at Auburn is his fault because that program is about a tire fire right now, with Harsin being an idiot.

Advertisement
Everyone might want to take a look at the points and yards Mason's trashy defense allowed this year minus the Alabama game, it's not pretty!

Forget exactly which games they blew pretty good leads and lost. I even went to a few Auburn games last season.

Hold on...if he's not the former NFL WR then who the **** is this guy, and why was he ever HC at Vandy?

Hold on...if he's not the former NFL WR then who the **** is this guy, and why was he ever HC at Vandy?
He coached DBs for the Minnesota Vikings under Childress. Then under Harbaugh at Stanford. Became the DC there and coached there under Shaw. Had some real success there. Probably got the Vandy job cause he was used to dealing with academic restrictions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back